Posts by t3oi

Really?
    So if i sell you a sports car, and a month later you discover it can't top 100 Km/h, i can say i don't owe you anything because those speeds are illegal anyway?
    I'm sorry, dude, but are you listening to yourself?..

Purchasing a product does not make you a stakeholder in the company that made it. Unless you were forced to buy the Kemper, then you made the decision to buy it with the information made available to you at that time. Kemper does not owe any of us rights or insight into intellectual property just because we purchased their product.

I don't get the obsession with a Kemper branded foot controller when there are many powerful foot controllers on the market that would work perfectly with the KPA. The Liquid Foot ones, Ground Control Pro, etc.

Not obsessed with the KFC, but I'd rather give my money to Christoph and support the Kemper brand for a fully integrated controller that's basically plug-n-play. Therefore, I'm willing to wait.

Interesting note...I could not get the update to install from 1.5.2 - Reformatted 2 USB drives, Factory reset the KPA, downloaded the files in Ubuntu and Windows...nothing - install no workie.

Updated the KPA to 1.5.4 = workie. Immediately updated KPA to 1.6 = workie

I would recommend moving to 1.5.4 if you haven't already, before trying the 1.6 :thumbup:

So, I couldn't pass up a Boxing Day deal on a Line6 M5 for $139 new today (Long and McQuade in Canada) and I'm so far super impressed using this with the Kemper.

Based on the Profiles setting, I can place the M5 pre- or post-amp. I primarily picked this up for some additional Delay options, but there are also some nice Reverbs, Mod effects, Filter/Pitch, and even OD/Dist/Fuzz available.

A bonus, the M5 can send Patch change info to the KPA for up to 23 different Profiles/Patches.

If you're looking at basic Rig changes and added effects, this is a cheap and simple way to go. Once the KPA foot controller is out, the KPA can be used as the master to the M5 for effects add ins.

:thumbup:

Andy, this is an amazing amp pack and easily one of my favorite profile sets. If I ever buy another tube amp, I might just buy a Goldfinger based on these profiles alone. Very well done sir!

Using 1.5.2 FW

Tonight, I loaded a bunch of new Profiles and wanted to go through my Profile library with the new ones added, so I used the following sort method:

All Rigs -> Sorted by Gain

Works great as it started with the low gain and moves up...this allowed me to Favourite each Rig I liked as I went through them. However, after selecting Rig -> Favourite -> Exit, the order of the Rigs in the Browse section are completely different than before I selected the Rig as a Favourite. For instance, the 3rd Rig in I selected Favourite as above, but now moving to Browse this same Rig now has ~15-20 Rigs in front of it I haven't checked out yet. Kind of frustrating in that now I have to go back to the start of the Browse section and re-start as I haven't tried some of the rigs listed before my Favourite selection. I am able to duplicate this behavior each time I select a Favourite.

Is this Normal? A function of a Date stamp being updated?

The spidf for profiling comment seems strange to me, unless you're wanting to profile other modelers. You're profiling an analog amp and speaker cabinet, so it seems the A/D and D/A conversions would impact the profile negatively.

I realize this was discussed in the first thread, but it seems whether large or small, the easiest solution would be to allow the user to assign the switch functions. Even if there were a handful (4-5) of "pre-programmed" switch layout options to choose from. You'd give up the colored quad LEDs, but it would be worth the trade off IMO.