Posts by ralf

I just use a fuzzface in front of the Kemper. Can still get that wonderful cleanup with the guitars vol pot.

The fuzz also works very differently with different profiles (as it should).

Are you using a real pedal or the built in stompboxes?

Yeah, i also tried lots of variations of reverb settings.

After watching the linked video a couple of times as well as these vids from a 1960 bassman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PaiDuiLzas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZmim3S_Jc

i've come to the conclusion, that the smooth and compressed sounding overdrive is a result from an oversaturated cameramic, like don peterson and paults already mentioned. Although they are for sure sweet sounding amps.

So therefore, ... could it be possible to simulate this poor mic quality resp. this specific compression? Probably it should be an effect after the amp?

Thanks for your replies and effort guys.

Was a bit busy these days, but finally could give your profiles a try.

I have to say, that i'm not able to get the sound that i want.
    Instead of getting those harmonic, elephantish ;) growling noises, i just hear flat and monotype ringsounds, which sounds very digital.
    I tried almost everything, with volume rollbacks on the guitar and abusing the eq. I have the poweramp version and i've got the same results trough a cabinet, even at louder levels.

Perhaps you just need a real super reverb and fuzz face + good sounding fingers to achieve this tone. ?(
    But perhaps i'm too foolish to get along with this technology.

Good evening everybody,

i am a new kpa owner, but reading in this forum for quite a while and i am struggling about two days to find a sound like this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It has this organic overdrive sound that im looking for. As you can see, he uses a dunlop fuzz face and a fender super reverb.
    I tried it with a bunch of profiles and the fuzz fx in the kemper, but it comes nowhere near as the sound in the clip. The best attempt was with the profile "stomp dba fuzz war" from r.u.sirius, but also far away.
    Using my fender deluxe strat loaded with cs 69 pickups.

I hope someone could give me some advises.