Posts by Joej

After listening to Author Sheguitarplayers profile Of the Marshall AFD I have to say its much better than mine and after comparison of that profile to my real AFD it is just about spot on! so Im going to start over and see what I may be doing wrong. Technique is everything.Any advise on mics and technique out there fire away! Joej

Kemper not sure I understand your meaning. IF I Profile with a Certain cab..when I do a comparison I should not use that same cab for listening of both Real and Kemper Please explain .Thanks Joej

I think as the Magazine reviews come in They are finding the same thing here as I. Spectacular! But not on all profiles. I have found some people who post their profiles for download that have that mid range wah sound that I really don't like. Who ever did the Blankenship 9 is really good! Also the Hi Watt I found as one of my favs. After I take my profiles I have a Bradshaw Switching system where you can have 4 amps into one cab. So I have the Kemper powered with my Mesa Boogie 290 cab sim off as one and My AFD and a Marshal Camron mod and a Mojave Rockstah mod so I can easily compare back to back. maybe I should post a video to show whatI am saying here that I feel is slightly missing.
    surely Kemper knows this or there is a certain mic we all should be using for the absolute best results. I use the 609 by senheiser. This is knit picking really but hey if we can improve it let's do it. Joej

I have had this Profile amp over a year and I have pretty good ears. I want this amp to succeed! So close it is to being un beatable....But I must say...there is a missing element in the profiles that are not capturing our amps completely. After the Profile is taken and I go back and listen to the real deal vs Kemper through the same cabinet and a Mesa Power amp and a Mosvalve amp but not much difference there and what I find there is a lack of or missing element of ....How do I say here.....Body. Hair maybe.....Warmth. Low mid fullness maybe. I Profiled my Marshall AFD and although close there is a lacking warmth body mid something or other. Comes out thinner than Original. Im just here to say your s o so close to having this perfect. please keep up the great work.Joej

Two things here: How are the Monitor outs to be used? What powers them? Mine dont seem to work so I just use main outs to power amp then to cab.

2nd thing: while profiling why are we encouraged to use studio monitors or PA that has tweaters and horns that are a bit shrill high end? Also the dirty profiles are a bit over saturated and to my ears some clarity and warmth lost. Chime in here folks! Thanks. Joej

Hey there when I try to down load a rig/file Safari says there is no App to open it.Any body else experience this?

Also as far as profiling my amps they seem to come out a bit over saturated like Eddie's tone is these days. A little digital sounding and boxy. Should I isolate the cabinet or pull the mic back? Right now I use a 57 slightly off axis close miking.Thanks. Joej