Posts by MoreK

OK - I must ask the obvious question: What is so different about the Kemper software code that prevents it from being as robust as many other modeling units that sell for a small fraction of it's price? (Boss, Digitech, Line6, Fender, Zoom, etc) Pray tell...

I've got a feeling that Kemper was pushed to the market too early. Now we owners have to struggle with too many and too serious bugs. Eventually, as the time goes on, it will improve and get more robust.

Personally, I don't have any major issues, other than crashing if I use volume pedal with my midi foot controller. So, I have disable the volume pedal. Oh, and I have occasional issues with USB port, reading profiles or firmware from a memory card.

But based on what I have seen and what I have heard, I'm not going to take Kemper to a gig, it stays in the studio.

Rating system won't be perfect, but I'm sure it would be better than nothing. Adding a music style (country/blues/rock/vintage heavy/modern heavy/jazz/punk....) and suggested pickup (single coil / humbucker) would help - in addition to rating, ie country players would probably not rate heavy profiles and vice versa. Another thing helping to choose profiles could be a commenting feature in the library. And maybe "popularity", ie download counter.

+1, very much needed, I don't bother to check all the new profiles anymore. Takes too much time. Only if someone recommends a profile for certain setup (pickup/music style), I may take a look at it. I'm afraid I'm missing many good profiles because of this.

I had Axe Ultra earlier, then I decided to upgrade ot Axe-FX II. I cancelled my Axe-FX order few months ago after waiting over six months, I simply got tired of waiting.

Two things happened. I heard about KPA and I got a note from G66 that my AxeII was ready for shipping. Obviously, for some reason, my earlier cancellation had no effect. Well, I decided to sell Ultra and take both AxeII and KPA in for comparison.

I spent two weeks with both devices, and both gave me very good results. However, with my single coil guitars (my main axes, Tele & Strat) there was no doubt - KPA was able to bring dynamics and clean/crunch sounds that I wanted - with minor tweaking and buzz.. I sold my AxeII and here I am now with my modeling gear, the only one - realer than real! ;)

The UNO chip enables the FCB to operate in two modes: down row is for preset switching, upper row is for stompbox switching.

... or you can configure presets to upper row and stops down, as I did.

To be honest programming FCB is not very easy, if you are not familiar with MIDI. The easiest way to do it is to hook it to a PC with MIDI cable and get an editor (I'm using Ripwerx). So prepare some time to learn. But when you get used to it, it's very quick and easy to change configuration.

Update to this one. I got help from the support, they proposed me to check with other stick. Well, as I said earlier, I tried that before with no luck. But nevertheless I tried again with a small capacity (16MB) memory card attached to a USB card reader. That seam to be working quite well ever since, but I'm still wondering why I'm having issues with larger capacity sticks.

Funny thing, I have an USB electric cigarette (http://www.greensmoke.co.uk/ca…ic-cigarette/prod_33.html), and last night I hooked it to Kemper USB port. Well, it didn't work. It gives the same blinking led signal when a battery is out. It works well with computer USB ports. This makes me wonder if my KPA's USB port voltage is lower than standard? For comparison, I would be glad if someone with a multimeter could check voltage in USB port, I'll do same later tonight.

And...? Nothing better to say?
    What's about being treated of racist and the moderation doesn't remove these posts?
    It's defamation.

mba, this is very simple:
    - if you insult someone or a group or a nation, that's BAD - ie don't go to personalities
    - if you criticise what someone has said or done, that's OK - ie no-one said that *you* are a racist, but your comment was racist, there's a big difference

I reported you to mods too.

Joe and myself we've offered Kemper to do it. First impression was positive but an answer is still pending...

When was that? Yes it makes sense if it's hosted by Kemper. No ads, possible use of existing accounts...

This topic may have been discussed earlier, but nevertheless.... Do you think a community Wiki would be useful to keep all tips and tricks up-to-date and organized? I was searching for profiling tips, they are spread all over the forum, and I was thinking that a Wiki would be a blessing.