Posts by diego

I had both in the same room. IMHO there is not really the need to spend more for the Yamaha. They have also a noisy cooling system.. Of course if you play loud this does not matter.. but for a small room at low volume ...yes it sucks.
    The Behringers are a bit boomy. Too much bass but you can use the EQ on the Behringer and the KPA to dial in a good tone. They are also loud if needed :) Still when I play the KPA through a Mesa power amp with guitar speaker the sound is more convincing although you have the disadvantage of not using the different speaker simulations.

I would try the Behringer set....Do not see any quality issues... and ... I do not care about the brand image

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Have now the Whammy DT. It is a nice pedal, however, tuning down for half or two steps playing clean it cannot handle an usual chord arpeggio. Nevertheless it acts better than the KPA effect. For heavy sounds the drop tuning with the whammy it is really ok. The Variax Tyler guitars are obviously the best solution to tune lower. I am sure in some years this type of gear will work perfectly. Just a matter of processor power.

Somebody here said that Kemper should develop a profiling guitar. I think this is probably a very good idea!!

Cheers and rock on

Sacapuntas

Hi folks,

I tried a Variax Tyler to get access to drop tunings. Did not like the guitar so much so I am looking for a pedal that could do the trick. Have a GR55 but this is not so practical....

Any tips? Whammy DT? Morpheus?

What are you using?

I want to use it also clean.

Do I ask for too much or already technically feasible?

Thanks

Sacapuntas

Hi folks,

as line6 launched the new HD 2.0 modelling for the Variax, I thought to order one to try it out.
    The guitar as such (JTV-89) is not bad at all and sounds and plays well. However, the models with some exception (Telecaster) sound somehow nasal and dynamic is limited... When tuning down electronically it is convenient but also gets kind of artificial... I am very disappointed ... Anyone here got a tip how to get the nasal sound straight? Otherwise I send it back.... At least I learned something new. The models in my Roland VG55 sound much better....

Thanks

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

With the Scuffham S-Gear plugin the "air" is quite prominent and makes it sound so good. Blows a lot of KPA profiles out of the water ... I was really surprised. Try it out.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Hi there

sold my Bogner, Fender Blues Jr., HK Tubemeister, Egnater Tweaker, Ibanez TSA15 etc..

Kept my Mesa Boogie and use it now with an A/B box with the Kemper. Still would say that the sound and feeling can be a bit better with the MB.

Surprise for me was the Scuffham S-Gear that sounds really like a collection of boutique amps. The price is below 100 Euro. It definitely has the same "quality" and feel as the Kemper. Blows me away. THe new Fender / Boogie model they have is sooo close in every aspect ...

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Check the recently launched single with my 14 year old daughter (all sounds by Kemper). Look for Alexandra Sacapuntas in itunes or Amazon ... :)

thanks for this hint! I have ordered one and I am really surprised what you get for 99 Euros. Some of the reverbs and delays sound like the very expensive stuff.. Keeper. Have it in the KPA Loop.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas