Posts by diego

Hi folks,

already posted this in the commercial profile section.

Did a quick one with a clean and more saturated Dumble profile from MBritt with a single coil Telecaster. The backing comes from Mr BackingTrack King - Mats Nermag (thanks Mats).

I think the profiles sound very authentic and dynamic with a lot of different colors in it.

If you like you can listen here:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks
    Cheers Sacapuntas

Hi M Britt profile fans,

could not resist to record quickly something with the Dumble profiles from Pack 2. American Tele meets a beautiful backing from Mr Mats Nermarg (hope ok for you, Mats?). Clean Dumble profile plus a more gainy one. Sounds very much like those 80ties fusion sounds.

If you want to to listen please have a click there: :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Hi folks,

I bought pack 1 and 2 and used some of the profiles extensively for recording and with PA speakers. Very nice and rewarding. Last Sunday I plugged the KPA into my Mesa combo (loop insert). I am just blown away from the quality of clean, slight driven and overdrive sounds with this setting. I could not stop to play mainly using Fender and the Dumble profiles. With all my guitars (from single coil to humbuckers) I achieve exactly the sounds that I had in my ear. I do not care whether the speaker sound of my Mesa is right for the profile as it does not matter. It just sounds good to me. Thanks for this experience, Mr Britt. I would be probably happy with just around 10 profiles in total. Still use some of Andy s stuff which is also really good.

My appetite for even more profile is certainly gone. So I am waiting now patiently which GAS will hit me now (little tip for GAS friends: got recently a Godin guitar with Fishman Midi system which is pretty good)

All the best to the Kemper friends
    Sacapuntas

Hey folks,

just my 2cents to Mike's profiles .... I do not know what it is but I stick since several weeks just with the Princeton profile. It sounds very real and natural and I ask myself.. Do I need really more..? May be a very ascetic POV? I made 3 profiles with changing gain out of the Princeton profile and add more overdrive if at all needed with my pedals. It is just a perfect fit for me and very happy with it. Thanks Mike!

Cheers Sacapuntas

Hi folks

interesting topic and discussion. The "gut feeling" is that this would not be allowed. However, the legal situation is not as clear in every case and may even be different or not yet existing explicitly. Profiling is something new and may be you can compare it a bit with sampling. However, Sound sampling may even be considered as "stronger" vs a profile that just represents sound settings.

From the link http://www.law.berkeley.edu/jo…ol4/McGraw/HTML/text.html

Zappa believes "If you're going to do sampling, you have to give some
    consideration to the people who have already gone through a lot of time
    and trouble to put specialized sounds on records, and not be a bandit
    and steal those things from somebody else. But then again, according to Picasso, "Good artists copy; great artists steal." Unfortunately, the law is no more decided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L…urrounding_music_sampling

A profile is basically the representation of a signal chain with special amp and room / microphone settings. Copying a profile is comparable to copying the signal chain in a physical way. Let s say I see a certain amp / cab plus microphone from a third party and replicate the same settings in my own environment to achieve a comparable result. This is certainly not the most creative way but not forbidden by any law.

This does not mean that I am supporting to copy profiles but to make aware that the legal situation is not really clear. On the other hand the commercial providers of amps and cabs could also come in and say "stop profiling our amps". This is basically the same as selling profiles. Right?

Just some food for thought

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Hey there
    do you know that the Joyo "F-36 Sweet Baby" pedal is a clone of the Mad Professor pedal...? I have one and it works well with the KPA, especially with profiles that already have a bit overdrive. The sound gets then more transparent with the Sweet Baby....

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

The Fender Super Reverb profiles are spot on! I compared vs a real one (have it for few days from a friend) and hear that both amps come from the same family :-). Especially when played at higher volume. After I installed your profiles I deleted the ones I did a couple of days before ... Thanks! :) :)

Cheers
    sacapuntas

Hi bfrombmore -- Welcome!
    Also like you well organized workstation :)

Do you like the Fender Triple Play? Does it play with less hazzle vs other guitar synth products?

Thanks

Sacapuntas

I tried now some of the profiles in more depth in a live situation and studio setup. The results were excellent providing a very natural and "woody" sound that matches very well with my needs for clean and a bit of crunchy sounds. I had only to deactivate the compressor and delay (was really too much :-)). Works also well with overdrive pedals. With some of the Divided by 13, Princeton and Tweed Deluxe / Deluxe Reverb I can do a lot of things. The profiles are on par with those from The Ampfactory, however, providing less variability for one amp profile alone. Nevertheless, if I would have only few of those or from Andy I am good to go. The world of possibilities and many of us are complaining sometime at very high level. Few years ago this all was not possible. Thanks to Kemper and the guys who provide all those great profiles.

Enjoy it!

Cheers Sacapuntas

Could not resist .... those profiles sound really good and feel just right. Great work. Was just wondering why the compressor is "on" in so many profiles? Is this just a personal preference? May be due to the direction of more Country like stuff? Anyway very good and highly usable.

I am feeling like in those coffee shops ...almost too much options and possibilities nowadays

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Hi folks,

I know there are many factors that influence the sound of an amp/cab. Today I realized that Amp Factories' Two Rock Schofield profile clean sounds very similar to my Mesa Express 5:50 combo (same tubes). After 3 seconds of tweaking of the EQ settings I could switch between the profile through FRFRs vs. the Mesa combo and there was really NO difference at all -- 100% identical. The FRFR just was a bit broader due to stereo. I also asked other folks who confirmed. In a blind test I could not distinguish between both systems when setting on mono.

This brought me to the question of how many (really) different sounds for guitar amps exists. Although this was limited to one clean sound, there are probably not so much prototypes of different sounds. Is it limited to e.g., Fender, Vox, Marshall, Boogie and some few others (depending on type of tubes and speakers)? Many boutique amps are also copying classic amps and try to add a bit more of depth (if possible) or variation of sounds.

What do you think? How many profiles do we need to represent 80% of the guitar amp market on the KPA? I guess it is much less than we might have thought?

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

hi guys

I have a zoom effect pedal in the stereo loop. After upgrading to 2.6 it almost blew my ears and speakers... Very heavy noise similar to a feedback but at lower frequency. Had to shut it down immediately. Still the same after complete reboot. Good that you can go back to 2.5.... So I will await the final one... This was my first "bad" experience with a beta version of the KPA firmware.

Despite this little beta problem, the KPA is anyway the best thing since the invention of electric guitars

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Hey BigHF,

thanks for your kind comment. My inspiration actually is mainly coming from earlier times (Hendrix, Carlton, Santana, Clapton, Ritenour). However, you are right it sounds a bit like a Robben Ford tune. Funny enough about 23 years ago (holy sh..) I had the chance to jam with Mr Ford. Amazing player and a really nice man.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Hi folks

today was a rainy day and I decided to grab my Tele and do some funky blues stuff with the phantastic Trainwreck profile from Andy - "The ampfactory". Sometimes I think with just this profile I could already live quite well - at least for blues stuff :)

All played with the same profile and a Fender American Telecaster. At some point I added the Fulltone Fulldrive or the "Green Scream" from Kemper and Wah. Reverb and Delay from DAW.

https://soundcloud.com/sacapuntas/funky-train

Thanks for listening

Cheers
    Sacapuntas