Posts by Brattcave

Seen him in a few of these Anderton vids and he always seems a very humble chap. He's a seriously good player and coaxes some impressive tones out the Helix here!

Yep - they've probably just picked up on the marketing term rather than the actual technical process behind it. Like the POD 'HD' :)
    That colour screen and the scribble LEDs are a nice touch and I like the flexibility of the 4 different effect sends.
    Sounds pretty nice I think. Not necessarily 'Kemper nice' but still. Nice.

Interesting Andertons Vid here with Chappers and the Capt. with a Line 6 guy. Putting the Helix through its paces... apparently the first vid with the finished version of the software in it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At 07.40 the Line 6 chap starts talking about 'profiling' circuits. He uses the term very deliberately. Interesting...

PhilUK84, I cant hear any difference either using a Strat or LP, headphones or monitors.
    BTW, I tried the Morgan AC20 as one of the tests. Is there quite a bit of fizz on that profile?

I'm also having trouble hearing the pure cab effect - currently trying with headphones (AKG 271) and different guitars - can someone recommend a specific profile where they have felt a big difference on?
    I'm starting to think my ears have packed in!

Cheers :)

I'm just back from the Musikmesse where the SY-300 was demoed by Gundy Keller and I had the chance to try it in person.

The specs say it's polyphonic - did you find it reacted well to chords?
    It does look like it would have a myriad of creative possibilities. I picked up an EHX 8 step program the other day - this is another fun little device and I can see this working nicely with the SY-300. We have lots of noises at our disposal these days!

I wouldn't expect to see this sort of thing added to the Kemper - but then again I didn't think the pitch shifter would be as good as it is. Perhaps one day Kemper will produce a dedicated effects box - that would be worth hearing!

+1 That Boss SY-300 looks very interesting. I scoffed over the teaser thinking I wasn't going to add something else this year...then I saw what it was and immediately asked, "When's it out!" :)
    I'd love to see some more creative effects like these added.

+1 and then some...
    Although I don't know if this will happen as at present the only thing apparently being sent on midi out is a continuous "active sensing" message - something to do with too much midi traffic being sent by the numerous parameters - perhaps a midi guru can chip in 8| but this would extremely useful for many people I would imagine.

A serious release to accompany my serious gas! I'll definitely be picking these ones up - I was on the verge of getting a Cornford before I got the KPA and Martin Kidd's amps always demand serious attention (and Gas...)

I must say I find 'This vs That' threads goes against what I understand 'correct' gear acquisition philosophy to be. Namely: 'This AND that' ;)
    I'd love an AFX2 but... I don't need one now I have the Kemper. It's taken a while to get my head around this new way of thinking...I felt unclean for quite a while.

Last 6 months or so of updates...

NEW: 3.0.0 Public Beta available - 24th February 2015
    2.7.4 Release - Dec 18th 2014
    2.7.4 Public Beta - Dec 15th 2014
    2.7.3 Public Beta now available - Nov 12th 2014
    2.7.0.10418 elevated to Release level - Oct 31st 2014
    2.7.0 Public beta now available - Oct 27th 2014
    Version 2.6.0 Public Beta available now - Sep 4th 2014
    2.5.0 Release now available - Jul 28th 2014
    2.5.0 Public Beta now available - Jul 22nd 2014
    2.4.2 elevated to release level - Jun 2nd 2014
    2.4.2 Public Beta now available - May 26th 2014

As you no doubt appreciate - ultimately there's only so much you can learn from forums, the rest has to be gleaned from a hands-on trial.
    For me it's been the single most influential music purchase in terms of chasing the tone I was after. But... it's led to me buying quite a few new guitars!

Hope you get the answers you're after.

Echo the other comments here - really cool getting an insight into what you do. Will keep an eye out for the forthcoming Victory pack - those amps sound just great. Cheers for all your efforts today - top stuff! :thumbup:

The way I read this is that he wants the convenience of sending a master mono signal along with the raw guitar track. I can see the benefits of this as many of us record our tracks in mono but might want the option to reamp later. It would help my own work flow, although I understand there are other ways around this using the analogue outs. But not with spdif. I'm curious as what people would use the left master option for over spdif. I've obviously overlooked something...

+1 for the git/master mono spdif suggestion though.

Looks like even though the looper is said to be in the Kemper, it's actually exclusive to Remote users. The site states "The Looper is exclusively available to Remote users." Elsewhere the 'exclusive' part is stated in bold. Anyone able to confirm we won't be able to use external pedals to use the looper unless you purchase the remote; is this correct?

Be a mighty shame to come this far and not try the commercial rigs... TAF is an obvious starting place http://www.theampfactory.com/ but there's some stiff competition out there. Which is good for us - basically it comes down to personal preference in terms of the sound you're going after. The TAF Marshall pack would be a great place to start...

It does sound a little like you've become a little over stimulated, taking on the KPA and the FCB1010 in one go... narrow things down before digging into the details. They are there if you want them but not required all the time. A lot of the commercial rigs are a little more 'plug and play'... give some a go before you offload - I don't think you'll regret it :)

Either way - happy hunting Markyboy