Posts by JimmyMcNulty

I have just uploaded 5 profiles of my Ampeg J-20, one clean, two cranked, and two with my Bisonic Expandora pedal.

The clean profile was the hardest to get right, and my least favourite - but the others IMO sound good.

Let me know what you all think!

Uploaded my first profile - of a clean point to point wired Ampeg J-20. On the rig exchange now (username JMcN).

I intend to upload some more profiles of this amp - cranked, with various pedals etc. However that first session was so loud I think my neighbours are out in their back gardens looking for spaceships.

Anyhow let me know what you think!

Just playing around with Master v Main v Headphone volume.

Sometimes Master also moves Main and Headphone, sometimes only one , sometimes neither. Sometimes it moves Headphone to half way only.

Weirdness. Is this still an unresolved known issue?

Does anyone else have problems with master volume settings?

I am now on 1.08. Playing around tonight I have had occasions where I turn the Master Volume up slowly and the sound DISAPPEARS, only to suddenly come back when I turn the volume up further.

Is this a known issue?

I also had problems in 10.06.

Also - is Master Volume and Main Volume the same thing?

These are lovely. Taking pride of place alongside the AC20 profile. I'm enjoying the mid way Timmy one, lovely dynamics and breakup. :) And with the gain turned right down it is a great clean profile too.

Ok people, what are your top 5 profiles? I'm looking for some recommendations. My number 1 right now is the Morgan AC20 profile by rmpacheco (rmpacheco looking forward to hearing what you profile next!), also enjoying the Andertons Cornford and a few of the stock rigs.

What else do people recommend?

Hi guys - thanks for all the replies.

Problem is, all these options so far are either expensive or not very compact. Ideally I want an all in one speaker / power amp combo, and less than £500!

The QSC K10 seems to be the FRFR of choice - but that's pretty expensive. Are they really SO much better?

(Sorry, I come from valve amps - so all this is very new! :) )

Hi there

I'd like to explore using my Kemper live, and would prefer to have my own monitor which I can use without switching off Cab sims. (Because I'd like to hear what the PA is sending out.)

I'd like something not too expensive (i.e. nowhere near the cost of the Kemper), small, lightweight.

I've thought about:

• Tech 21 Power Engine.... but I think I'd need to turn off cab sims?
    • Atomic Reactor FRFR if I can find one second hand... though whats the point of introducing a tube...?
    • A FRFR monitor - trouble is they all seem fairly bulky...

What exactly would you all recommend?

Thanks!!

As we already see people put Till's cabs on almost everything, they should know to be careful about doing so.

If they are doing it by ear then no need to be careful - all that matters is how good it sounds!

However the geek in me would like to hear someone do the following (out of interest):

1. Profile Amp A & Cab A and Amp B & Cab B
    2. Within the KPA swap the cabs - creating profiles of Amp A/Cab B and Amp /Cab A
    3. Swap the cabs in real life
    4. Then do an A/B comparison of the "real" swapped cabs v the "KPA" swapped cabs.

I think what we are learning is that the way the KPA "extracts" the cab is not flawless, but hey, the tone is what really matters, and for me the cab swapping ability is really an optional extra. :)

Wow.

Had to try this after all the comments above, and I can safely say they are all well deserved. A lovely profile.

I also took the cabinet and used it with the Stranded on a Plane Dr Z Maz 38 profile - that sounds really lovely too - give it a whirl! :):)