Posts by possie

I am a cheapskate I freely and readily admit. I picked up a used E-MU 0404 USB for € 80 recently. All your specs are met except maybe W7 driver support.

It has W7 64-bit Beta Drivers available I saw on the website.

This is my second one. They both function well. Im still on XP. Reliability and quality of recordings are fine. Just my $ 0.02 ;-).

Good luck hunting for an interface !

I hope you don't share the same drinking habits as your famous Brazilian namesake.

Garrincha "was involved in several serious road accidents, notably a crash into a lorry in April 1969 which killed his mother-in-law" according to wikipedia.

;)

A couple of months ago I managed to pickup a well setup Variax 300 for just under € 200.

The ability to switch to alt tunings (-1/+1 octave) alone made it worth the purchase.

Yes it is cheaply built - in the Fender Bullet category I would say so even below Squires - and it is not my go to guitar but as a sketchpad for songwriting it functions really well.

I am sure that a profiling guitar would outperform a modelling guitar. Cant wait for one to pop up - be it CK's or someone licensed to use his technology.

Right now I feel I need restraints instead of even more possibilities to get the creative juices flowing.

Thomann.de sells a Kemper Bag which is somewhat expensive solution for a cover only.

You might want to take a look at it. I have one (green) and it is decently built. You can unzip the front and back covers for easy acces.

It has padded covers (my guess neoprene with some hard outside cover), 2 extra pockets for misc stuff, 4 hard plastic feet to keep it from slipping and sportsbag handles (long and short). I would not hesitate to take the Kemper to a rehearsal in this bag - which I havent done yet btw.

This is meant for bedroom low volume type playing only .... and, like me, you spent all your hard earned cash on a Kemper - and rightly so - but now have to save up for a decent monitoring setup... My background: 20+ years of playing and semi-pro gigging as a bassist, drummer and guitarist (anything from Dutch Crooners to Punk and Grindcore)

I just picked up a secondhand Behringer Eurolive B212D for € 120.

Compared it to my powered Behringer 2031A and old Roland Cube 60 cab - roomsize 2.50m by 4.00. My verdict:

1. 2031A powered monitor - 8" tighter bass, more definition
    2. Eurolive B212D - 12" more in your face, semi-annoying hiss, overkill in a residential area
    3. Roland Cab - 12" utter crap, no other decent cab available so no fair comparison there

If you don't play any other music over your speakers in your bedroom besides your Kemper - I'd choose a cheapo secondhand FRFR over powered monitors. Anything sized bigger than 10" is probably overkill. Or get a 12" if you plan on getting it to rehearsals, small gigs.

The guy who sold me the B212D and delivered them at my doorstep - who himself played drums and some guitar for over 30 years - was floored when I played a POD X3 Live with a Metallica patch over it. It gave him goosebumps - he said - as I was just churning out some washed out chords and a sloppy rendition of Sad But True. Did not dare go beyond 30% of the volume. The seller jokingly asked for his money before it would explode. So it's an incredibly loud (half-way) decent speaker i would say.

Sure I want my RCF 12A, Matrix wedge, or whatever quality monitor I can audition locally before buying but - in the mean time - saving up for it I go chugga chugga for 1/10th of the price :)

There is an insane amount of info on head-fi.org if you want to go with headphones. Some of the audiophile nutters over there have compared nearly every product on the market (In Ear Monitors, semi-closed, etc)

The general consensus is you want a dedicated headphone amp to go with your headphone. If its your only means of amplifying your signal I would go that route.

I am perfectly happy with the headphone out on the Kemper as it is though. Way better than my other headphone outs (E-MU 0404, POD X3, HA-4700). You would have to spend quite some money to really notice a difference I would think.

Behringer 2031A's + Behringer A500 poweramp via old Roland Cube60 12" speaker (home use)

I play over the 2031A's mostly and very happy with it so far. Considering a Matrix GM50 to bring for rehearsals for max portability.