Posts by lucky

Hi all, thanks for your replies :) I reckon the reason why it doesnt profile properly is that 'under the hood' of this VST, there must a multiband compressor at play. Guess I will have to settle with the plug in to be studio only and not for live use. Shame really, as I like it a lot. Thanks again everyone for your input. :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply. Still unable to get even reasonably close - profiles are still dull, without clarity, almost like a blanket has been put on top of the vst. Never had such a difference of sound from the kemper - and I’ve owned 2 since 2012. Anyone else help out here with this one as I’m still scratching my head what’s going wrong!

Hi guys. every time i attempt to profile this amazing plug in, it comes out muddy and doesnt sound anything like the VST. Has anybody successfully profiled this plugin yet? Wanted to profile it as I don't want to take my mac pro to jam sessions!! If you havent tried out this plugin yet, its a keeper! Thanks in advance to anyone that can help :)

Hi guys, Bit of an odd question but does anybody know when you submit a song to a well known artist, when you might find out if your song has been accepted or not. That was terrible English, I know but i'm sure you get the gist ;)

Let me start by saying the song was put in the direct hands of the head of the record label..and not some 'myspace', 'web promotion' competition. The album is due for release early next year but I havent heard anything back from the label or the person I submitted the song to.

Is it normal practice to just submit a song, then find out its on that persons album and then sort through future royalties? Or would an artist representative or the like get in touch with you prior to the record being released? I'm very confused by this process and I know there are many Kemper users who are industry experts who might be able to shine some light on the subject.

I should also add that this was not a simple 'yeah..the songs good..now p**s off' situation. The head of the label asked me to re-record it (just acoustic guitar and vocals) and was very positive about sending the song over... I think it is also important to note that this artist has sold more than 65 million records world wide.

I would be really grateful for the advice as im truely ignorant when it comes to the 'writing songs for somebody else' process!! Cheers in advance ;)

The question above came to me as whenever I exchange the cab for another cab the profile seems to sound far too similar. To put it another way (as this can get confusing to explain! :) ) I have a bogner profile. I dont like the cab. I exchange it for a Mesa Boogie profile cab. And now it sounds the same as the Mesa profile I borrowed the cab from. Has anyone else found this to be a problem? Do your profiles sound the same??

On a good note I saw The band Eutopia live in London recently and they are now using Kempers for live!! They sounded so much better than the bogner they used to use.

Heres an example of 'all kemper recorded' guitar lines - great cleans and overdrives!! :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l2fnll_EQA</a>

Today I received back my 'repaired' Kemper from Thomann....It came beautifully packaged, but, it was a cheap 'harley benton acoustic' amp I was sent in return...This is the 2nd time ive had to send the Kemper in for repairs and have been treated this time like a total fool. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if youre thinking of buying from them. Below is the note I wrote to them as soon as I opened the box:

'My order arrived today...Is this a joke?!? I send you a Kemper
    profiling amp (1399 euro) back for repairs (for the 2nd time) and you
    send me a cheap 100 euro "harley benton' acoustic amp in return!? I am
    very upset and angry at this. Not only have I had to send the Kemper
    back two times to be repaired but now im also treated like an idiot as
    well. I feel it is my right to ask for my money back now as this is
    just going on and on now. Please arrange a courier ASAP to take this
    cheap garbage away and refund me my money. The total price I paid was
    1399.00 and I now expect after this mess to be fully refunded for my
    lost time and now a lost unit. Very angry by this. I hope your
    response will be a good one as this is now the worst I have ever been
    treated by a music company.'

Anyone else get such treatment?? :(

Also just on another point raised....There is NO error message shown on the display. The screen just becomes those ink filled lines after being on for an hour. The ONLY way to fix is to remove the power wait 20 or so minutes and then power up again. As you can also see the 'off' does not work even when left for some time....Hopefully I will be able to get my 2 KPA's running in stereo again :love:

Thanks for the responses guys. This will be the 2nd time ive sent the unit to be repaired. It is obviously an older model as I own 2 KPA's and one says 'off' and the other has a symbol (the one with the problem.) Ive always looked after my gear and since owning this kemper ive had problems....I really hope this will warrant a new KPA from Thomann eventhough ive now had it 1yr 2 months ish... Thanks again guys :thumbup:

Hi guys,

So the problem is.....

3 days ago my Kemper started messing up again this
    time the problem is not with the 'Browse' function. That works no
    problem now since the repair through Thomann. The new problem is that if I leave the kemper turned on for
    more than one hour it decides to 'freeze' I am including photos in the
    attached section of this email to better explain. This problem is EVEN
    MORE a problem than the last time as I now cant gig with my KPA :( . Ive got the original repair sticker left there on the
    back reading ' ACENK 7803 - synthesizerservice dpartment +49
    2632-300811' This is the repair center Thomann sent the Kemper to. I hope
    this helps the Kemper team to locate the problematic unit in their records. Just to clarify once again; The unit starts
    up...works...then freezes to the strange lines shown in the photo. The
    unit wont even turn off (see picture 2 It shows the unit is 'ON' but I
    have it set to 'OFF' and as you can see the unit just hangs there unless
    I take the plug out.)

Thanks + please let me know if any of you have experienced a similar problem. ?( :cursing: :(

Hi guys, VERY happy kemper!! user here (after the awesome new update!!!! :love: ) Have come across a problem with a controller I got my hands on. The midi controller in question is the Roland FC 200. I just cant for the life of me get the vol/exp pedal (which is intergrated) to work as an expression pedal. I can get it to be a volume pedal but as an expression pedal to use as a wah wah or a whammy it fails. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I thought it would be simple 'system' or 'rig' switch but alas no ?(

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi...youre my only hope!! ^^

Thank you Kemper team! you guys know how much ive been waiting for this!!!!!!

And now that ive had the time to test.......This update...................................................ABSOLUTELY KICK ASS X1000!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

bet you cant tell how happy a man I am???!!! :thumbup: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Mhhh... I see several possible answers here:

Maybe because not many Italians, Russians or Greeks have yet bought profiles?

That is incredibly ignorant and racist of you Gianfranco....the turkish internet network creates far more illegal torrents etc....also China anyone?!???? The truth is, and I feel you should address this, is that ALL over the world piracy is rife... :thumbdown: