Posts by DONTSHOOTE3B

Now I'm a little confused. I can't figure why a good power amp in back wouldn't benefit.

I just did a gig on stage going direct to mains and back through the monitor and was very happy, but if I wanted to take just an amp why not a Kemper with a built in power amp and a small speaker system or cab. I plan on going FRFR and have a design I'm working through with someone. I'm sure my speaker system will want a good amount of power and I'd like to see the Kemper, if possible, receive something that can put out. It'd be nice to have just a Kemper and cab vs Kemper(not rack mountable), Power amp(these often having a rack-mount profile), and my speaker system. But if its beneficial to more people to have a low W internal amp those like me can look to powered speakers.

I've had my sights on the midi mate/raider but I'm not sold since I know very little about the midi world.

I'm just learning how they work and how people have been setting them up. As I figure things the Raider would be ideal as top 4 buttons;stomps, mid 4;xmdr. I get confused with how the remainder function. I've seen some bits about the bottom 4 being "rigs" or presets. Does this mean I only have access to 4 rigs or do these buttons correspond to the rig buttons on the kemper? If it for four rigs do the bank buttons then page scroll?

Ideally I'd like to grab a pedal with simple rig navigation, at least 4 buttons to dedicate to stomps/xmdr, and an expression pedal. I've also looked at the FCB1010 and FC300 because of this. Looking to have this clarified or for a point in the direction of a pedal that'll fit my needs.