Posts by Jackyl

Last week I had the opportunity to head to the Memphis Gibson plant and do the factory tour. When I was walking through the store I looked over and in between the Marshall Amps and the Peavey Amps was a Kemper. It is nice to see that someone like Gibson is using the Kemper to Demo their guitars. :D :thumbup: :rolleyes:

Ok normally I do not jump on a forum or make comments about products, but I have to say that last night I had the Wow experience. Let me first say that I have had the KPA for 3-4 months now, but have only been playing with it off and on. Honestly I bought it based on the comments that Bill Ruppert made about the unit and figured it was worth the money. I have followed Bill for years on the VG-99 board and was amazed at the things he made that little unit do.

That being said, I own the VG-99, Eleven and AxeFx Ultra(G.A.S.), well to save time I go directly to the axefx while practicing and have a few patches on that I really like. Well last night my guitar was slightly out of tune and for some reason I just could not get the guitar to sound anything but mearky through the Axe. I tuned the guitar and played with it, but no luck. It was only off a slight amount, but for whatever reason it just did not sound right to me almost too muddy if that is possible. Why I decided to turn on the KPA I am not sure, but that is when it hit me and the difference was amazing. The best way to describe it was the choke hold was removed and the sound just cleared up. Now I am not sure that I will ever go back to the Axe again. I feel either the planets were aligned or the air had the proper humidity in it that caused the sound to be that way, even my wife commented that it sounded great what she was hearing from the studio. I bought the KPA and was immediately impressed with the clean sounds, especially since I gave up my fender blackface years ago, but had not yet warmed up to the high gain amps until last night. Now there is no question in my mind that this unit really does have the best sound on the market next to the actual amp.