Posts by guitarsquatter

that'd be great, why not just hook up with fellas from liquid foot and get them integrated in the kemper set up? hook up via ethernet (bi-directional and phantom powered) and give us some programming templates... AND a european distribution channel... maybe just ask them, might be interesting for them as well...?

This is really good for me. Per CK post above I sent in a support ticket to FAMC liquid foot about this feature on my 12+. They responded that they already have two way communication built in via midi IN and OUT as well as their expansion ports. They have been doing it for years with several other effects units. Here is the quote from the response I received:

"We have been doing two way communications with effects units for years now. First Line6, then G-Major and then Fractal. It takes about 2-4 days for us to implement the integration once the messages are agreed to. We have messages that we share with vendors which are simple to implement usually. We start with preset name(s), effects state(s) and tuner info when available. You can have your vendor send us an email at [email protected] and we can coordinate."

This would be cool if we can get you guys to work together. My rig would thank the both of you and be much happier.

By the way- just digging the Kemper. I wish we could call it artwork. What a great piece of art. I need to borrow some more amps now! that is my biggest problem. Soon to be solved with the help of some friends.

I just got my Kemper. I like it so far. I had an AXEFX unit and the matching floor controller for a while. And I don't get what all the fuss is with Kemper making a controller.

the MFC was ok, but the proprietary nature turns me off and is always limited. Its not like all our rigs are centered around AXEFX or Kemper.

Why wouldn't Fractal and Kemper focus on making their effects units the best possible and allow all the midi controllers to work with it. I know fractal did that with liquid foot controllers, and so I decided to get the FAMC Liquid Foot 12+ to work with all my stuff. And I saw the difference immediately from what I had before it. I was blown away.

Unlike the proprietary stuff, I found out I can program this thing the way I want it laid out, not the way I would be forced with other stuff. Every one seems to want to layout their units in a particular way-- and the solution is already on the market. Too take it further, it comes in different sizes. The JR+ was 8 buttons, I got the 12 button, and they have a pro with 24 buttons.

It might sound like a commercial- but I am not--- I just don't get why we need proprietary controllers from any of these guys. First AXEFX, now Kemper. What happens when we switch to the next thing- out goes the controller and in comes something else.

I don't think that's wise for us as customers. I am going to stick with one controller for all my stuff now- and I am surprised by the desire for proprietary controllers. We should demand the midi be open so we have our own choice in the matter. I liked the fact that my AXEFX worked with any controller, even some of the unique functions- like tuner worked with the liquid foot. No reason we should expect any less with our Kemper.

It took me a long time to figure out my perfect pedal layout. I changed to find what was best for me. And for me, I found a product that lets me change the layout whenever I want. I was astonished by how much I could do--- hate to change that now just because of proprietary reasons... and I won't. Just say'in

Am I alone? I don't want to keep buying controllers for every device that comes out. Line6, then AXE and now Kemper. Enough.

I hope Kemper can keep making great firmware upgrades to what so far seems like my go-to amp rig for now... keep making that better!