Posts by Larrikin666

Hey guys,

A buddy and I have been fussing with this for the better part of the afternoon and just can't get it to work.

My setup is Kemper Profiler > SPDIF > Focusrite Clarett4Pre > iMac (El Capitan) > ProTools 12

We've set SPDIF Output on the Kemper to Git / Mod Mono. We set the Focusrite's clock source to SPDIF (there is no option for "External"). All it does is turn off the monitor output completely and no signal comes from the Kemper to ProTools.

Can somebody take us, step by step, through how to set this up to record directly using SPDIF? I'd prefer to use the SPDIF if at all possible.

This is the first time Ive considered buying some profiles it was a good move for you doing a metal pack. And44 could you plz tell me how many amp profiles you made WITHOUT scooping the mids? I'm kinda surprised you said the mids were scooped its the only thing making me think twice at this point. ill probably wait for clips to decide if i buy but i'm definitely interested in the potential of this pack :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat. I like a solid midrange crunch in my metal tones, so I'm hesitant to buy the pack now. I don't want something akin to Nile's tone, which is basically bees in a tin can. LOL.

The death show was KILLER. Saw it here in chucks backyard here in Orlando, FL where I am from. I actually took lessons from chuck way back in the day, mid 90's or so :) Absolutely amazing show, probably the best show I've ever seen.

Agreed! Gorguts blew me away as well. I was bummed out that Steffen from Obscura couldn't make it into the country to do vocals.

I typically adjust very little on a profile...especially gain. Adding or subtracting gain seems to make the profile lose a lot of amp characteristics. There are certain aspects of the gain structure in a 5150 that the Kemper can't mimic when you roll the gain back. I get that vibe with the EQ knobs as well....not quite to that extent though.

I definitely don't find it overly bright. I actually added a bit of treble and presence to the profile. I'm using a Bernie Rico Junior Hesperian 727 with a Bareknuckle Painkiller in the bridge...not a terribly bright setup.

We decided to go with the Kemper on our upcoming EP instead of the
    Axe-FX II. Got our first track done on Sunday, so I thought I'd throw
    it up. There's absolutely nothing done to the guitars or bass yet other
    than minor level adjustments. I'm really thrilled with how the Kemper
    feels and sounds. We still need to add in a few solos, but we're going to come back to those once our other songs are tracked.

http://soundcloud.com/larrikin666/seven-string-unmixed

Their are no Raiders fans in Pittsburgh. Now I know you are full of sh*t 8)

I guess it's hard to be a true fan of the Raiders these days. It's depressing. I missed ALOT of games last season.

Got my Kemper yesterday! Didn't sleep much. That Savage 120 lead patch is un-freakin-real!

LOL. I probably won't need the bubblewrap right away. I have a strong feeling the Kemper is what I'll be using to track guitars on the upcoming album. The Axe-FX II and MFC-101 is unrivaled for live use though. I'm totally spoiled using those two live. If the Kemper eventually has all the effects that the Axe-FX does....I'll be in awesome heaven.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Hi everyone. Just ordered my Kemper from Sweetwater. It should arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait to put this through its paces. I own an Axe-FX Ultra and Axe-FX II. Really looking forward to comparing and contrasting everything.