Posts by guitz

Well said - when you're drowning in amp models, it's a unique curse - the variations possible with the built-in knobs are huge! And with the cabs, even more so. Gotta give them knobs more love ;)

-djh

One thing I found amazingly responsive and can dramatically change the characteristics of the sound if you want it to, is those two knob settings for tuning the amp cabinet....There are instances recording when I wanted a certain 'filtered' or off axis type of sound and just bumping those two knobs gives dramatic and cool changes. So useful!

Guitz - why are you holdin out on me bro? :)

I actually lost the profile!, ....when I first got the Kemper , I loaded it up with a ton of profiles from two .zip files I got here ...this was among them, ...I'm sure if I take the time , I can find it again, but I've moved onto other things...One thing to look for though...if you find a Vox with a 10" princeton speaker, that is it...then the delay is either ping pong or tap, about 30% repeats...that is pretty much it....I didn't change any other settings and played it pretty much just as the amp settings came...good luck!

Thanks all! .....Would you believe my Kemper locked up on me a couple days ago and I lost this profile lol...I thougth I had backed it up to flash, I renamed it 'big clean',but it wasn't there....I think I can probably resurrect it, I know it started out as a Vox and the delay was I believe either ping pong or tap...with about 30% repeats, it ended up kind of unique....a big part of the 'up front' sound was using track compression in my DAW, the guitar was my USA strat, tweaking my parametric EQ pedal a bit to dial in the sound. I LOVE how the Kemper takes a pedal just like a real amp, just great stuff....I think if I ever get around to releasing a small group of my recordings in a more official capacity, I will definitely include this one! Thanks again...

My Kemper locked up on me while trying to load a bunch more profiles on top of the bunch that were already in there..I had to do a flash memory wipe to get it to work again and now I notice I seem to no longer have all the cool FX presets (types of delays, choruses,etc)...It is very hard to figure out still, weeks since getting it, exactly how to browse the types of delays , tap, ping pong,etc....When I click on the delay button and then the Browse button, I no longer see the bunches of types of FX...I guess I lost them when I had to wipe the flash...I'm not even sure if these were part of the factory preset stuff, as no profiles got loaded back once did the wipe...so the question is 1. how do I get the factory profiles back on there and 2. do these include all the varities of FX that now show nothing when I hit the Brose button?

With 700 profiles and growing, a cool feature of an editor/librarian, would be a section for personaly ranking them ...maybe a scale of 1-10, and a quick view of the amp/mic(s), and speaker cabinet used in the captured profile , along with any notes you may want to add , such as a certain application you may have found ie (jazz comping, metal rhythym, EJlike lead tone,etc)

100% on the editor/librarian...I made the mistake of loading a couple of zipped files and now have hundreds of profiles ..(not really a mistake per se, as they are way fun to audition,etc) and it's difficult with nothing but a page forward/back and browse knob.....a mouseclick that I can visually see all or nearly all of them and group and sort would be AWESOME!, not to mention having all sections parameters editable from a single screen....

Hi,
    It sounds really good. Maybe a little eq to match the recording (going from memory).
    Your Plexi + TS is amazing!! & I really like the VOX. Any chance I could get the profiles?

thanks! I was kind of stunned how well the sounds just dropped into the tracks...and that's with no eq'ing , tweaking, processing, fussing with in the DAW... very ,very nice...I'll try to shoot dig out the Plexi and Vox and send them to you...

Are you saving them on the Kemper first (with the Store button)? If you just export is going to save the original one, not the edited.

oops!...I did some I think , but most did not....still though...what is a practical way to remove all 700 profiles and put my 40 favorites back in (assuming I get them edited ,stored and then saved to flash) ?

I've got a bunch of downloaded profiles...scrolling thru them one at a time or one page at a time isn't really efficient ...I'm hopeful that an editor is coming out that lets you either click an overview of all of them or maybe a drop down list ala the Pod's editor...anyway, until then , what I did was to audition all 700 or so one by one, and as I found ones I liked and tweaked , I exported them to the flash drive....I now have about 40 or so favorites on there. I read someone mentioning renaming them with 1's in the front of the name to have them show up first in the list, I acutally put 1111 in front of their existing names, but when I import them back to the Kemper, I'm not seeing them...any ideas?