Posts by ad30tc

Hi, I played with ARION SCH-1 for many years and yes, it can simulate very well the leslie sound. My "leslie" settings are a bit different: Rate at 1 o' clock, depth 3 o' clock, tone at 12 o' clock.

To my ears this is a good approximation of this sound with the kemper : Vintage chorus module with RATE 8,5, DEPTH 5,5, CROSSOVER 50,6 , MIX 100%, DUCKING 0, VOLUME +1 . I generally use this module before the distortion, this can make a difference.

Maybe you could try this setting and let me know if it works for you, there are also other posibilities (for instance Wah frequency shifter) but this could be a stating point

I've never claimed (and never will claim) that there is ONE "sweet spot", I didn't even come up with the term "sweet spot" in the first place.

I tried very hard to explain and show how there are multiple ways to use a Klon pedal.

The current (beta) presets provided by Kemper don't cover these "multiple ways" at all, not even remotely. And that's mostly because none of these presets "play" with the Volume parameter, which is very important to achieve most of the "multiple ways". Even if Jeff Beck uses just a touch of boost ... still all of them use it. Some more, some less.

I was really surprised that NONE of the Kemper Drive (beta) presets uses the Volume parameter at all. And that's what I don't get at all. I've even read somewhere in this forum a short discussion about how the Kemper Drive's "clean component" seems too dominant/loud. And at least part of this effect is that NONE of the presets push a clean/cleanish amp anywhere into overdrive/saturation. All of these presets solely use the Gain knob for saturation. Again, none of the famous artists using Klons does that (apart from maybe James Hetfield's secret use of it).

It was me, a few days ago I mentioned in a post that, keeping the volume at 0, the clean sound was a bit too loud to my ears. I know how to use overdrive pedals, rise the volume to boost the amp input, I simply asked the question because I have direct experiemce with a TS Style pedal (T-Rex Alberta) and a Timmy clone (Danelectro cto-1) and, even if both pedals have a part of unprocessed sound, it is not as loud as the Kemper drive.

In any case, once You find the right balance between the overdrive volume and the amp gain the new drive sound beautifully... Another step up for our kemper! 8)

Hi, I updated my Kemper at 8.0 os to get the new drives… And they are great!

But I did not realize exactly how the volume parameter works in relation to unprocessed sound.

I mean , if I leave the volume of the drive at 0 I can still hear a good portion of the sound unprocessed (clean). I know this happens also with TS style pedals, but in the Kemper this effect seems to be exaggerated to my ears.

If I increase the volume of the drive near to the max the unprocessed sound disappears.

I wonder: Is it a normal behavior? I have already checked my settings and I do not have any parallel function activated.

Thank You

Thanks for the review....I appreciate you taking the time to be specific! It really helps other people determine if this pack is for them or not...

You have my gratitude!

Thanks to You for letting us try these profiles. I would recommend this set to anyone looking for early 70's crunch sounds, as reference I could easily get a tone which reminds me of Rolling Stone's Get Her Ya-Ya's out.

Thanks for sending the profiles. I tested them with my Les Paul and I have found them very interesting, my favourite are the ones with Vox cab and low/mid gain. They have something special on the high frequencies which I liked a lot... classy '70's cruchy sound!

The profiles seem to be very sensitive to Clarity parameter, that I rised to around 4 to attenuate fizz frequencies, and I also lowened to -0,1 the high shift parameter on the cab to get a fuller sound.

Very good job, thank you again! ;)

Hi, a quick question... Is it possible to connect the monitor out of Kemper to the input of my tube amp (Orange ad30 TC combo) which has no effect loop? Do I risk to damage the amp?

I know it's not an ideal situation (impedance mismatching + orange preamp), it's just a curiosity for testing purposes.

Any suggestion?

Increasing the feedback is not problemi, I cando it with the "infinite" function in the delay optional. A real time delay time control would be useful in some specifical situations.

Hello, I tried morphing but it's not the same effect. Controlling delay time You can hear the repetitions ramping up, that's what I like.

I downloaded the midi documentation but I cannot find the NRPN controlling the delay time... Can You tell me the parameters please?

I think it should be possible to do it... I just need to know the values. Thank You!

Hi, could somebody help me to find the NRPN to control delay time? I like the weird sounds of an analog delay oscillating but I need to control delay time with my midi footswitch... and tap tempo does not work for me. Thank You! :)

Did You download Franz Plasa rig pack? There is a profile of a SUNN T amp. The rig pack is available on Kemper web site

It would be great but I think the problem is that presets are not identified by any number...
    Do You have free slots in the "X" or "MOD" effect sections? If so You could save a couple of delay presets to recall when You need them.