Posts by iFreedom

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can help on this. I'm running from Kemper's monitor out to the power stations line in to my 4x12 G12-65 marshall cab. I'm using MBritt's AC 30 profiles and his 5150 merged profiles. I've turned off the cab sim.

Here's the thing it doesn't sound good, there's like this overlying buzzy / frizzly sound on each profile. Like your running without a cab sim. that kind off crappy scratchy sound. however, the higher gain 5150 and Ola's mesa boogie profiles sound great. Maybe because that buzzy sound sounds good with hi gain.

When I turn amp sim on, it get's rid of that buzzy sound, but it's definitely muddled. Any suggestions or is this truly the limits of running a real cab with the kemper vs FRFR?

Cheers!

Folks,

I love the sound of the link below. it seems to have that distortion sound with clean dynamic signal. I have a stock MIM tele 60's baja.

Any profile suggestions to get that tone and dynamics? I know it's in his hands too, i get that, but I found the d/13 clean+ by TAF to be close but it doesn't have the distortion sound. Any OD or distortion from Kemper's effects just ruins the dynamics.

Thoughts on a profile?

Go to 3:11 - the link starts at the beginning for some reason.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please note that tar files typically are just packaged archives that contain 1 or many files. It's important to understand the difference between a simple package and a compressed package. The Profiler uses the simple tar (tarball) without any additional compression applied. So a compressed tar can't be processed by the profiler, because it simply doesn't support (de-)compression.

Ok thanks Lightbox. But, I don't quite follow what I'm doing wrong then. I select "add to archive" and not sure if there is something else I should do. It seems to be compressing. Is there a way to "re-pack" or do am I not "unpacking" correctly by "extracting" the files?

Yes, deleting just the .kipr files. I do open the "unpacked" folder, then Select All then right click on a folder (can't right click in an empty space) and select add to archive and change the ext to .kpabackup which creates a new compressed file which I move back to my usb stick in Backups.

I noticed that the instructions in step 7 says to right click and select "unpack" but I don't have this option, so I choose "extract". I don't think that would be the culprit.

Also, the big thing I noticed is the orig compressed file from the Kemper is just over 2MB. Using 7zip (or Winrar) to extract and then re-compress, the compressed forlder is now like 600kb and this is without deleting any rigs, just simply uncompressing and recompressing. I think the issue iw re-compressing be it with 7zip or winrar or etc.

Is there a setting I need to change for re-compressing?

I followed the instructions here:

More convenience managing large amounts of rigs

I tried with 7zip and now winrar but when I try to restore kemper says:

"This backup is damaged beyond repair. Please restore from another backup file."

I also noticed the original zip up file is about 2.3MB and after deleting all but 100+ rigs, it was down to 200kb - not sure if this is normal.

Anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something quirkly? It seems really straight forward so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Also, I did successfully restore the original backup so I know that the back up file is good.

Any help would be great.

Hi All,

Just got my kemper last week and loving it! Been on the forum for a bit so amy exciting about the support.

I just need to figure out how to get back to playing guitar instead of endlessly trying out profiles!