Posts by Bke

Have been considering a kemper for a while now, Am very close to taking the plunge... Help push me over the edge!!!

I'm at most a hobbyist player, learning how to play while learning how to build tone. Have an axe fx 2 but have been impressed with what I've heard about the kemper.

I'm into vintage type tones, cranked Marshall (this lizzy, Garry Moore, Angus, Kossoff etc) Brian may, gilmour...

Haven't been as successful with the cranked Marshall stuff as I have with gilmour on the axe fx, seems a compression that I can't seem to get rid of where I'm looking for that open, airy tone. (I'm quite rubbish at trying to express this type of stuff in writing)

Would mostly be playing through headphones due to volume level limitations, I've seem some very positive comments on the headphone out which is great!

Otherwise would be through a atomic powered cab - anyone have issues with this setup?

I know from a effects pov axe fx is ahead, that doesn't bother me as I don't need to sell to fund the kemper so could still access those effects... I love messing with stomp boxes though so very important would be how the kemper takes pedals in front, especially fuzz, which I've never been happy with modeled versions on any device if trie

So, as above I'm very close to placing an order and would be very interested in anyone's opinion based on my music taste, especially anyone who has/had and axe fx 2 firmware 6.0 up,

Thanks in advance for any help you can give to make me decide!,