Posts by tomtc66

hi
    For the first time I've connected Kemper to the soundcard (MOTU 828 MKII) over SPDIF. I have a recurring noise in one channel - a short pulse every 2 seconds. Doesn't matter if instrument is connected or not, doesn't matter which preset. I have the latest non-beta firmware installed. Any idea?
    thx
    tom

hi

Did anybody use a Kemper with Peavey IPR 1600 digital amp? I would very appreciate any feedback.

Another thing I wonder is if a digital amp can also drive 16 ohm boxes. I went through manuals of different amps and they are all rated at 2/4/8 ohms. So the question is if 16 ohm load will screw up a digital amp?

thanks
    tom

main outs go to FOH, direct and monitor outs as a stereo pair to the stage monitors/boxes - that's the idea.

anyway, latest firmware version doesn't solve the problem ?(

:thumbup: Thank you! It works.

However, another problem came up. ;(

I set monitor out to master left and direct out to master right. Despite the same volume settings of master & direct outs the volume difference is huge, around 10dB between them. Turning linking on/off made no difference, neither changing the out's assignment to mod or stack. Master outs are OK. So either there's a routing issue inside the unit or I did, again, something wrong. I would very appreciate further help.

thanx
    tom

hi

I've just played a little bit with the output section and found some
    features which I was not aware of. So I attached the monitor out to the
    amp but there's no signal there. I went through the settings and tried
    to change the assignment of monitor out (currently Master Left, tried
    also all other settings). Still no signal. Main out and direct out are
    working. Monitor volume is the same as main volume, also EQ settings are
    the same.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or the monitor out is dead. ?( Any ideas? Firmware version is the last public beta (1.6.0.8079B) - if it matters.

thanx

tom

hi

I've just played a little bit with the output section and found some features which I was not aware of. So I attached the monitor out to the amp but there's no signal there. I went through the settings and tried to change the assignment of monitor out (currently Master Left, tried also all other settings). Still no signal. Main out and direct out are working. Monitor volume is the same as main volume, also EQ settings are the same.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or the monitor out is dead. ?( Any ideas? Firmware version is the last public beta (1.6.0.8079B) - if it matters.

thanx
    tom