Posts by Ace79

Thanks zerocrossing,
    That's what I wanted to hear. I have a good contact at JRR shop, bought a Peluso mic and a few other things from them and good experiences, so I will call them first.

Thanks Kojak,

I don't use much metal type sounds, so it shouldn't be a problem. The only real technical problem I had with AX FX was AX edit, can't count how many times I had to reload, and it never saved my midi settings.
    Even though the AX FX has better sounds then %99 percent of the modelers out there, I never felt completely happy with the sound after tweaking too long for my life. It always sounded spiky in the 2k to 4k range, and the distortions all had a very similar quality. Having played many of these amps through the years, I know if you had 15 of them lined up in a room to play, you would notice a very distinct difference when you moved from one to the next.

Would you say the latency is worse than the ax fx? it didn't really bother me, but I wouldn't want it to be much worse.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great replies. So, is $1850 pretty much a firm price everywhere? is anybody budging on this? Any preferences on where to buy?

I think I will jump on it, I like the FX possibilities on the AX FX but I'm an old school amp guy and need to work fast with good raw sounds, and hoping the the FX for the KPA will grow.

Just want thank you guys for what so far seems to be fair and professional comments on the forum, haven't read any extreme fan boy stuff yet, which is really nice.

Hey Guys,

I'm just about ready to buy the KPA, but I've read more then a few threads about people having a lot of issues (bugs) granted most of them seem to be written a few months back, they've made me a little nervous.

I've owned the AX FX 2 for about six month, and although its a good unit I've never been quite satisfied. When I read comments about the KPA like "less tweaking" and "more organic sounding" these are words I really like to hear. This would be for strictly studio use. From everthing I've read and heard I think the KPA would be a better fit. So can you reasure ma a little, that it won't be getting into a unit that is a ways away from running smoothly.

Thanks