Posts by cmbrowns

Maybe because you at Kemper originally designed it that way and pushed the feature at first. Many of us using it since the beginning used the capability to create named sets that we still use. Yes, you can still get to the same end result with up to 8 locks but it's also hard to see why it would be so difficult for you to support the grouped presets you had let us save.

I don't know how many profiles you'd like to change but here's one way if it helps.

Go to a profile that has the Stomps and Effects as you want them. Lock the Stomps and Effects (or if you have a Stage that doesn't have the Stomps and Effects buttons you'd need to lock each of the Stomps and Effects individually).

Now change to each profile you want to change and the stomps/Effects should remain the same. You can either use it this way with the locks or you can save each profile after opening it. Then if you later unlock things the Stomps and Effects would remain on any you saved.

Unfortunately the Rig Manager doesn't support the Stomp and Effect groups.

Still might be a lot of saves, but at least the settings are already done.

If you haven't already, you might want to submit this with a bug report as well. Even though described pretty well and with the video, you don't know if this will get the attention of the right person at Kemper. Maybe providing them a backup could help.

Also, when this happens are you connected to Rig Manager? If so, you might try disconnecting and see if it makes a difference. Could be something about the Kemper changes trying to update in Rig Manager.

Hello Josse,

Seems to be working here with those versions. I don't usually use Browser mode, I use Performance. But after assigning midi program changes to a few rigs it's working normally for me. In performance mode you don't need the program change assignments. The bottom row just selects between the five performance rigs.

Have you assigned program change numbers to the rigs you want? (System button- page 13 Browse Mode PrgChg)

Hello BlackWatch,

Are you using the right USB connector on the Kemper? You need to use the D shaped USB, not the connector you'd use for a USB drive.

And whatever version of Rig Manager you have installed needs to match up with your Kemper OS. If out of sync it may not be able to find the Kemper.

You can also save the cabinet from the rig you want to copy from . You load that rig, then drag the cabinet icon in the editor to Local Library under All Presets. You could also create folders under All Presets\Local Library for this. I've made a folder called Cabs that I can put cabinets in that I like. You can also add sub-folders to organize the cabinets.

You'd have to save cabinets one at a time to get them from rigs, but if you have IR's in folders you can just drag them into one of these folders.

Then as you load your other rig you can just double click the cabinets you've saved.

Glad it worked for you:thumbup:

The difference is that everything under Presets are components, like effects, cabinets, etc. Your IR's are cabs. The top local library is only for full rigs, however you might organize them.

OhG, are you using Performance mode? Evidently there's a bit less delay on the rig changes since the rigs in the performance are preloaded.

Easy enough to test. While listening through your headphones, turn off the cabinet module. If there is a cabinet in line, then the sound should change and get much more brittle. If you can hear it change, try some other profiles. If all sound bad, you either have something else off that isn't yet identified or maybe you just don't really like the sound output by your headphones. Might try some reverb or the Space effect to give it some room.

I think if you wanted to call up specific rigs with a program change you'd probably want to use Browser mode where you can assign a midi PC number to any rig. In performance mode it's just selecting a position like the 2nd rig of performance #4 - whatever rig you might have saved there.