Posts by Kreisi

No, I just use the USB port in the back of the Kemper to power the interface, in the rare cases when I just want to play guitar without the computer. When I want to listen to music or record something, I just take the USB cable out of the Kemper and back in one of the USB ports of the MacBook. Just one cable to change, not rewiring everything. The Kemper always goes into input one of the Komplete 6. There is one little section in the front of the interface called monitor. There you can enable direct monitoring, control the volume (in this case of the Kemper) independently from the main mix (e.g. when recording) and switch this signal to mono if necessary. The cool thing is, the direct monitoring also works without the computer connected! No hassle - easy! But I mixed one thing up in my previous post: the USB port in the back of the Kemper is the normal flat one. The smaller square one is in the back of the interface. Sorry.

I use a Native Audio Komplete 6 and like it a lot. I found out that I can power it via the USB in the back of the Kemper (the smaller one, I think it's called USB Type B?). And I can use the direct monitoring mode. This way, I don't have to power on my MacBook when I just want to play the Kemper. No mixer required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! Awesome! I used to play in a Kiss-(yes, sorry) Tribute Band for almost 20 years, so I think I know, how much work it needs to reach this point of perfection! You nailed it! (Mind to give some infos about the profiles/rigs you use?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a difference in behaviour between switching manually and switching per midi when you are in performance mode. I knew I've read about it some time ago and just found the threat: This is was Burkhard (Kemper staff) wrote:

"It's true, as soon as you move to another performance your modifications are scrapped, if you forget to save the performance before you leave.

While changing slots within one performance it makes a difference, if you are loading slots manually (using the rig navigation cross) or via MIDI.

When you are preparing and fine-tuning your arrangements, you might do this via the Profiler's front panel. In this case all modifications are maintained. So for example you could activate and tweak Stomp A of the rig in slot 1, move to slot 3 to load another rig from Browse Pool, come back to slot 1 and Stomp A would still be active. All modifications are maintained while you are moving between slots manually until you leave the performance.

On stage you might load slots via MIDI. Let's assume you load slot 2 and activate Stomp X. If you now move to another slot using MIDI program change or control change, this modification will be scrapped. Therefor next time you load slot 2 again it will return in it's initial state (Stomp X off), which is much more predictable for your live performance. Otherwise any temporary modification of for example Delay Mix via pedal would 'infect' the rigs in the slots and you would need to change performances to get the performance back into its initial state. Or worst case - you decide for example to adjust the gain in slot 2 a bit, store the performance to make this change permanent, and by doing so store all these 'infections', which were meant to be temporary. All modifications are scrapped, if you are leaving a slot via MIDI program change or control change."

I don't think locking the slot will solve your problem, but I haven't tried myself yet (still using browser mode).
    Hope that helps.

Yes, but than it's on everytime you change the "channels". As he wrote "or the other way round" I think he wants to stay the delay in whatever status he puts it before changing "channel". Delay on, change channel: delay still on. Delay off, change channel: delay still off. That's like a normal analog stomp delay would behave. The Kemper would not.