Posts by ACY

Have to say that I just noticed a "user" mistake I been doing, as I locked my input (clean sense 2,0, distortion sense 0,0) , and so had much more gain in some profiles than they should have. One of Andys EVH5150 rigs been on 1,8 (clean) and -3,3 (dist.) so with my locked distortion sense 0,0 that rig had much more gain than designated by Andy. That also increased the aliasing on such rigs, but it´s still there (but less) when unlocking the input.

It´s right, only higher gain settings, but still you can find these on lower strings/notes too, when playing very agressive pinch harmonics, may be the sort of pick is also part of that story. (using ultex sharp picks)

When I get you right it´s not possible to avoid the aliasing, only working on volume of these? And that´s going on cost of calculation power, if speeding up algorithms to lower aliasing volumes?

If I understood that right, would´nt it be possible trying to get a compromise with some more lower aliasing volumes? I find them too loud, may be not noiceable in a 2 guitar, bass, drums ........... mix, but a one guitar band and guitar loud in the foreground I see problems with actual volume of aliasing.

PS.: Thanks for clearing up this issue, good to know more facts about that now.

The real amps do not have these noises. I checked out different tube amps, and gave en extra power with OCD or other boosters/overdrives, ..... yes there is noise, and some weired harmonics coming, but not those digighosts! We need some ghostbusters now! :D

I get the digighost notes als on lower strings, depending on profile, gain, settings ....... ! Seems as the software or the hardware (and would make to a problem for me) can´t handle these extreme multi frequenz tones, and holding up the white flag on these.

Solving (if possible) sound quality problems should be set on highest priority at the Kemper team, as a workstation like the KPA that is restricted by such problems should be a no go! If not possible to solve that ............. I don´t know yet what to think about that in such a case.

That´s my humbucker checking bitch guitar! Been a body I stained yellow, but did not like that all yellow look, so added some white and forgot to remove the scotch tape I used to hold the humbucker in place, so I got these stripes ........ :huh::D

Just kiddin´ ....... did some PS trying about that all yellow body, and finally liked that white/yellow version most:

[Blocked Image: http://www.acys-lounge.de/tl_files/content/ppics/eddie_strat_05.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.acys-lounge.de/tl_files/content/ppics/eddie_strat_06.jpg]

I can, without any hesitation, recommend his amp packs. I have the Diezel VH4, EVH5150, and Diezel Herbert packs so far. I'm waiting to hear samples of the Soldano SLO in pack 3 before buying it. If his other packs are any indicator, it will sound very polished.

SLO profile is a nice one too! Also 6505 is a good one for hard rocking music! Here´s a quick one with SLO Scooped rig, just reverb set different:

SLO Scooped Rig

Have to say that Andys way of presenting and selling his profiles makes me feel more comfortable than Armins way. I had the chance to try some od Andys profiles for free to get a indication what quality I will get when buying, then I been buying. Without the chance of trying one or some of Armins (or any other commercial sellers) profiles (I did refuse the offer of someone getting the profiles for free - btw, is that outlawed?) on a legal way I will not take the step and spend money for these.

When buying software you can try demos before, and when buying hardware, you got a money back warranty as ruled by german "Fernabgabegesetz". But what is a profile? ;)

Would be nice and a much better way having the chance of checking out profiles from commercial sellers for free, before buying a pig in a poke. :D

Good morning guys, hope you had a good night ......... :thumbup:

Ok, I had my KPA for some hours or so when I first noticed the artifacts, and been some kind of surprised. (I did not expect that from the Kemper, and still think that this is a "no go" for such a piece of art) I checked out the forum and found this thread here, and so I thought:

"Ok, the guys know about that and will fix soon!"

That did not happen, and that´s the reason why I posted here in this thread, because this issue is a restricting one to me. The KPA is absolutely amazing, and I´m very satisfied with that lil radio, but the artifacts restrict me in my playing for sure.

PS.: Most of the time I´m playing very low volume via my Adam A5X speakers, and I can hear these at lowest volumes when they occur.

PSPS.: ZZ Top - When playing Billys very compressed guitar sounds (listen to Antenna) there is many of these pinch harmonics, and when using an artifact sensible setting on Kemper (depending on gain) you might get artifacts all the time. That happened to me and caused my postings finally.

PSPSPS.: I think that an official member of the Kemper crew should write some words here, but here it seems like no one wants to take a stance?

It´s also depending on style of music you´re playing. Many guitar players do not use pinch harmonics often, or very intense. Zakk Wylde would shoot the KPA in pieces I guess, as he´s a livin pinch man, but other musicians might never get to that point where the Kemper problems come to hear. But that does not mean it is not there. I had some nice song idea coming up, some kinda ZZ Top style, but that was not possible to play with the described problems.