Posts by Youthpatrol

:thumbup: thanks .. I have the same problem and now you have solved it.
    One more question, how to set up both Exp 1 for Wah and Exp 2 for volume then?

I follow your way, its work for volume but no luck for wah .. As for Wah, when I switch to toe position, it actually there is no sound, but to heel , I can hear the wah... something i might be missing?

im using the jack connector to te line in of the interface..

I am using Avid interface too, perhaps you may want to check what is the level setting in your Mixer software thats come with your interface?

I have set mine to 0 db ( both Master and Input) in the software, but for the interface do make sure that the level lights does not peak and the input level is appropriately set . Finally, in your DAW, make sure the recording input fader is somewhere in the yellow range and not peaking ..

By doing so, I have a decent volume in my recording ...

Hi again mates!

Added 8 profiles taken from an Engl E-650, Ritchie Blackmore signature model with a new cabinet, a Mesa Boogie 4x12 3/4 open back with Celestion Black Shadow C-90 speakers. The clean channel works better with single coil or neck pickup. HighGain channel profiles works good with an overdrive in front of the amp if you need more gainy sound. Also recommeded: add a graphic EQ before the amp, leave it flat and add 1.6-1.8 db output.

• ILM ENGL Blackmore01: Clean channel, Bass 10, Mids 4, Treble 4, Master 4
    • ILM ENGL Blackmore02: Clean channel, Bass 5, Mids 3, Treble 5, Master 4
    • ILM ENGL Blackmore03: Clean channel, Bass 6, Mids 5, Treble 8, Master 4
    • ILM ENGL Blackmore04: HighGain channel, Bass 7, Mids 5, Treble 4, Master 4, Presence 6, Gain 9, Contour ON
    • ILM ENGL Blackmore06: HighGain channel, Bass 7, Mids 3, Treble 4, Master 4, Presence 6, Gain 9, Contour OFF
    • ILM ENGL Blackmore07: HighGain channel, Bass 6, Mids 5, Treble 6, Master 4, Presence 9, Gain 9, Contour ON
    • ILM ENGL Blackmore08: HighGain channel, Bass 5, Mids 8, Treble 2.5, Master 4, Presence 9, Gain 7, Contour ON
    • ILM ENGL Blackmore09: HighGain channel, Bass 5, Mids 8, Treble 2.5, Master 4, Presence 9, Gain 7, Contour OFF

Another excellent profile you have made :thumbup: ... So far I like all your profiles
    I have made some adjustment to cab used to suit my guitar and taste, perhaps try diggin in with "ENGL 860" ... In my opinion, Blackmore02 is very versatile, i manage to get a decent clean and throw in a dist to add on high gain :thumbup:

How's it working with the Kemper? Have you tried the s/pdif yet? Also curious to whether you managed to get those transport buttons mapped to any other DAW instead of ProTools...

Its working perfectly with Kemper ! And it sounds awesome... I do not have any S/pdif cable, I merely hook up my kemper into the real 1& 2 input of my C600 and output to a pair of monitors.. Im currently using protools, but i hv not tried mapping the transport button. I find it more convenient to operate via keyboard and mouse instead.

I only use the wah. you have to set it up to send cc01 or 07 (wah or vol) check the manual which one is 01 and which one is 07. also check that you have chosen the right exp.pedal on the pod (red or green) I think I have both set to send the wah-cc to avoid any mistakes

This is my set up in POD:

1) Exp 1 (Red) = Ch: 1 ; CC#001; Min: 000; Max: 127
    2) Exp 2 (Green) = Ch:1 ; CC#002; Min: 000; Max: 127
    3) Exp Toe: None ...(Not sure how to do this...)

(Sorry, I'm confused here .. what is the difference between Midi Controller #and CC#? In KPA manual, it said Midi controller #1 for Wah and #7 for volume; But under effect switches, CC#1 for wah and CC#2 for vol)

In KPA: What should I set up for wah and volume? ..In fact I did nothing other than assigning the desired rig to Progmchange Ch # 1.

Pls be patience with me cos Im really slow in midi stuff ...

I'm a total MIDI-ot myself, but I had no problems hooking it up. just follow the hd500-manual and the kpa-manual. midi-cable from pod midi out to kpa midi in. set up the buttons you want to use on the pod and assign the rigs in the kpa. I'm at work now so I can't check but if I could do it, I'm sure you can too :thumbup:

Thanks ... Ok i have managed setting up and assigning rigs selection as well as stomps/ MOD/ Delay setting . However, I got a problem when come to assigning volume and wah pedal. There is no changes even when I depress to toe or heal position. Perhaps I have miss something? Are you able to assist?

I got similar power up issue. It seems like the unit need to be "warm up" before it can turn on. Whenever I turn on the power from the main and the chicken head for the first time of the day, it will will not turn on. I will have to unplug the power cable from the wall and wait for a while and plug it in again, then it works.. I have tried return the unit, but it was able to power up there and dealer not convince its faulty.. Similarly, I am neither convince that my house has an unstable electrical flow as claimed by the dealer too.. If there is a constant unstable flow of electricity in my house, then I do not think KPA is the only appliances that is affected by it ....

Btw, did you managed to power up at least once since you purchase yesterday?

I did bring the unit back to the shop, as I mentioned the problems is pretty random. When I was at the shop, the sales tried it 6 times and he has no problem powering up... They claimed that I might have unstable electricity flow at my house, if it is really the case, I should have similar issue with my other electrical appliances but so far this is the first time and the first appliances I'm facing such issue. The salesman simply not convinced that the unit is faulty ...

Hi Per, thanks for the recommendation ... A power rail with surge protector maybe the solution to this. I will be getting one soon ...
    Btw, currently I have figure up a temp way to over come this issue. It still does not make sense to me neither I'm 100% convince that my unit is perfectly faultless. When I switch on my power from the main switch and turning the chicken head to the browser, it is definitely not going to work for the first time. I will have to unplug the the power cable from the socket and wait for a while (around a minute or so) and plug it in again. By doing so, it seems like I have a more successful rate in powering up the unit .. I have to repeat this process to get power up. Does it make sense to anyone of you? Appreciate your thoughts ...anyone

I have tried that too ... No luck still. I wrote to the support, and below is the reply:

"the Profiler does have a high quality safety switch protecting the unit
    against electrical over-current. What you describe sounds like this switch being
    activated. This can happen when your power cable isn't connected completely or
    is pulled, while the unit is still switched on. The Profiler will stay off until
    the power supply will be completely unloaded. This process can be accelerated by
    completely disconnecting the power cable (while the unit is switched off) and
    waiting for a few minutes.

Please make sure, that the Profiler is
    switched off while you connect and disconnect the power cable and that the cable
    is completely plugged in on both sides."

So far I follow, the problem still persist and it is RANDOM!! ...sometimes it can , and sometimes it can't

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply ... I have tried four different power cables at different locations .
    This problem is very random ... I just went back to the shop I have purchased, it can turn on! I went back to my place, I tried .. damn it can't turn on! I switch different location, finally once it can turn back on again. I waited for a while and try another location, damn, same old issue it can't turn on

I am stuck, the saleman not convinced its faulty

Hi ,

I just got my Kemper last night and after making sure all the connectivity were in tact, I have turned on the power of the unit (turning the chicken head to the "Browser") ... nothing happen. No lights and etc.... I have put the unit back to the casing and intend to bring it back to the shop. Just before so, almost an hour later, I tried again, but this time it On! ...

This morning, I tried to turn on again, its not working again ... Anyone got this issue? Or perhaps, I really have a faulty unit?