Posts by Deltafit

Thanks Zappledan. And zerocrossing...yeah, the front panel makes on stage tweaking very easy.....HOWEVER, storing the profiles for those tweaks you make I found out tonight was not so easy lol. On every single piece of gear i've had, you tweak and hit store, then maybe store again or hold down the store button or whatever to instantly save that patch to the designated patch number.

Tonight I was making tweaks at gig levels, then hitting 'store' then 'replace' thinking I was done and it was that simple! Well...turns out I wasn't and this isn't the way you do it apparently. I found out this the hard way! :cursing:

Unless I have a faulty unit? lol.

What I done/ found out was I had to hit 'save as' then rename the patch, go into system and reassign the MIDI number to the one you would like it to be. Bit of a faff on imho. I have to mention that I'm using a FCB-1010 to change profiles and I have mainly 3 profiles of the same sound (but many different sounds/profiles, only with different volume levels, delay levels etc. Why this information isn't in the instruction manual is beyond me. I had to figure all this out during the half time interval! :(

Anyway, all my bandmates said the Kemper definitely has potential and once I figure it all out i'm hoping it'll be all good from there.

Hey guys, got my Kemper today. The way I came about wanting one was I actually went to see a band at my local club just on Sunday. The band that was playing was Lorraine Crosby's band. If you guys don't know who she is she's the actual female singer on the Meatloaf song 'I'd doing anything for love, but won't do that' - not the woman in the video I might add, but its her on the recording. Anyway I was watching the guitarist (Stuart Emerson - he has a wiki page) as you do, and was loving the tones that I was hearing, but could I heck see what he was using. I could just hear these really thick, rich sounding tones. So at the end of the night I (drunkenly) went over to ask him and he pulls out this small case and says 'The Kempler Profiling Amp'. He told me because he has his own studio, he has a ton of lovely amps. His rhythm tone was a Cornford Hellcat I think he said with a BB Preamp on the front. And his clean was a Divided By 13 amp. So that was it..i decided to pull the plug.

Well it came this morning and I've been playing around with it all day and i'm liking what i'm hearing. I've been playing through an Axefx Ultra for the past 3 years. I have my first gig with it tomorrow night so i'm kind of bricking it if i'm honest as I think we all do when we're breaking in a new piece of gear. But nevertheless I can't wait and I hope it was worth it. But I also undertstand it'll take some dialing in before I get real happy with it. Maybe not...who knows. Its all part of the fun :D

Heres another question with something i'm struggling with at this point....

Once you've stored a profile to a particular MIDI number, how do you make another replica profile for something like a volume boost? So its exactly the same profile, you just have 2 of the same but one with a volume boost and maybe a heavier delay sound..

I've tried to store them in different MIDI numbers but when you change one and save it, it saves the other 'replica' profile with the same information too. Any ideas?

Hi guys. I got my Kemper just this morning. Been working on it all day. I have a gig tomorrow night and really want to use it for then (cutting it fine i know)

My question is how do you store profiles into certain 'numbers' on my MIDI pedal (Behringer FCB1010 - stock, no mod)..?

For example I want to be able to press Bank 00 Pedal 1 on the pedalboard, and call up a 5150 profile, then hit pedal 2 and call up a Fender profile, pedal 3 a Blackstar etc etc. I can't seem to be able to find how to do this. Sorry about being a total noob. I'm coming from the Axefx Ultra and it was so easy to do on there. You simply hit the 'store' button and navigate to the number you want the patch saving under and hit store again. Doesn't seem to be that option in the Kemper...? Just Replace, Store As and Rename when you hit the store button.

So again, my question is how do I get that 5150 patch that could be profile number 250 in the long list of presets, into profile number 2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.