Posts by RichardLainegard

thx for the kind words guys!
    And yes, I demo WILL come, where I at least will play through a selection
    of the AmpFactory profiles. Eventually, I'd also like to demo some of my "personal" tweaks
    (with various combinations of cabs, post EQ and such), but with the amount of pedal-demos
    ahead of me, I don't see that happening until next year 8|

thanks guys!

In the Strandberg video it's a AMpFactory Bassman profile clean, all overdrive
    is from my Parallax overdrive (which you can see in the Soul Comp demo also).

Pedals connected in front, clean sens set around 4.

Same fender profile with the MAT (one I tweaked with a bit changing cabs, EQ'ing
    raising all the EQ levels).

I've been going through the AmpFactory pack 3 and found that I REALLY like the
    Marshall JMP MKII Mod set clean. However, I tried so many different cabs on it

as well that I no longer remember which one I settled on, with the new firmware it's
    just so easy to switch between them :D I'll probably be using the JMP profile from now on.

so, eventually got around to fiddling a bit with it.
    I took one of Ola Recto profiles, with a mesa recto cab with V30's and a SM57.
    Then I took a friend's recto IR's that he's made in his studio with an identical cab and SM57.
    The difference was pretty massive. To the better or worse? Well, mater of taste.
    In this clip everything is completely untweaked for comparisons sake, if I were to use IR's I would have dialed back the lows quite a bit.
    However, I do feel after playing around with it, I especially like some IR's for lead with OD pedals in front of the KPA.

I hear you about the "3D" quality of the KPA cab profiles, the IR's are definitely more compressed, but the amp "feel" is still there when playing the profile.

At any rate it's a good option to have in the home studio I think.
    Tomorrow another pal will visit with his FXII, will put them side by side and see how I feel,
    I'm especially interested in how differently the respond to OD pedals (since I make so many demos of these type of pedals).
    here's a short clip. KPA cab first, then my pals IR.
    http://www.richardlainegard.co…r_recto_impuls_kemper.mp3

Why don't you just try it and let us know. There's no limit to what you can/can't do. Personally, the Kemper has ended any interest I previously had with impulse response cabinet processing for but of course YMMV.

Yeah, will try it definitely.
    I've also arranged for a guy I know to bring by an AXE FXII,
    and the plan then is to A/B to similar amps /model/profile,
    but first turn off the cab in the Kemper, and IR in Axe and have both
    going into Logic on separate channels but with the same IR.
    That should give a fair comparison of the actual "feel" and tone of the amp.

Then it'll be on to compare the Axe/kemper as a whole,
    should be a fun evening I bet =) :thumbup:
    Also definitely interested in hearing how well the Axe II deals with pedals
    as compared with the Kemper that I already know does it brilliantly

SO, this might have been up in soem other thread, but not that I coudl find with the Forum search function.

I've been thinking.. I knwo that you can turn of the CAB on both the main out and the MOnout
    (not sure if turning the main cab off, also disengages it globally?)
    and I have been using the MOn-out with CAB off to route to amp on stage live.

Now with the new update that states that the power-amp response will be retained when disengaging the CAB,
    shouldn't I be able to use any IR in Logic with the Kemper, and get the same results as would I if using a load box
    and a real amp head?

WOuld there be a difference here (due to the KPA software) if I did this setup with the main out or mon-out?
    I'm at work, so just thinking out loud here, since I can't actually try this idea out atm.

Has anyone tried this, and if so what are your thoughts and experiences in the matter?

Thx mate!
    NAM huh? Must have been like 2008 then I take it?
    I was there last year as well, but 09-10 I wasn't.
    Unfortunately I won't be at NAMM next year,
    but will do Lugano and Frankfurt
    (and then most likely off to Shanghai, Beijing and Tokyo in the fall, looks like it'll be an annual thing)

I've recorded a few demos recently with the kemper.
    I also plan to record tons more this winter.
    Just wanted to show a few examples of how well the KPA actually does with pedals!
    PS. Watch the vids in 720p for best audio .DS

First off was a demo I did on very short notice for Strandberg guitars new "varberg" model
    Guitar was set up with 0.09, and I only play 0.11's standard tuning, so I really struggled with this one!
    No excuses really, just explaining why you might here some off intonation here and there.
    All tones are one of Andy's Fender profiles with my signature Parallax OD.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Then I did a pedal demo of the new MOEN customshop Dual Soul Compressor.
    In this video you also get to see the Parallax in view a bit.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Finally, I did a demo of the new Leqtique MAT overdrive (handpainted, hand soldered on turret, real boutique).
    This is part 2

in part 1 of this I did a more "metal type" thing, where I played the pedal into Boogie and CAE-profiles.

thx for the warm welcome guys!

A short update!
    Got back from China and Japan where I used the Kemper and it worked great with pedals!
    Ran it both through the PA and at the sme time Monout to FXin and cab on stage.
    Used mostly one of Andy's Fender profiles, and a profile I made of a personal
    1964 Bassman with Jensen. Then i used only a SM57 on cone, which I many times
    find works best in many PA's. SO depending on the stages I performed at I switched between profiles.

Hey guys,

been a member for about a month, but haven't gotten around to posting, just lurking and reading :rolleyes:
    Anyways, name is Richard Lainegard, Swedish rock/fusion guitarist. First became aquatinted
    with the Kemper at NAMM 2011, and then again at 2012. Didn't pull the trigger until some producers/musicians I know
    verified that it really does take pedals brilliantly.

So I got it, and have been blown away on a daily basis every since.
    The usage got upped considerably after Andy at TheAmpFactory asked me to
    record clips for his profiles on Pack 2, which are up on their website.
    That was an insane weekend of playing to be sure, so many great tones in that pack,
    and I had a helluva time choosing which ones to actually record :D
    I'll be recording clips for Pack 1, and upcoming packs as well (also planning a play-through demo video of
    some of the profiles).

Next up for me with the Kemper is a clinic tour in China and Japan in October, where the Kemper will serve as a pedal-base.
    For those of you heavily in to pedals, what are your fave rigs to use for OD pedals, and do you go in front of the Kemper
    of through the loop??
    Mine so far are probably the Fender Bassman profiles, or Marshall "Super bass" type amps,
    even though amps like the Trainwreck and TwoRock also shine.

I will actually profile a 1964 Fender bassman (stock) with 2x12 Jensen cabinet, and a superbass-modded
    70's Marshall head with greenback cab tonight in a friend's studio.
    The goal here is to create profiles that
    a.) Are the best possible base for overdrive pedals (since I do so much demoing, and videos with such), and
    b.) To create profiles that uses both "recording setup", (say like a Royer 121, Md421 and such mics),
    but also a separate set of profiles using maybe only a sm57 (which in my experience often is the setup that
    works best when micing live). I wish more profiles would state exactly what mic-setup was used. That would help
    us users to direct our attentions towards profiles that might more closely resemble how we ourselves would
    use the amp profiled when live.

ANyways, enough ranting, time to get packing for tonights profiling odyssey! :thumbup:

Here's my web-site if you want to take a peek/listen to who I am/what I do.
    http://www.richardlainegard.com