Posts by BurstBoy

Interesting Dlaut... you're right, the thought of a Peavey being superior is not something I would have thought. OK, how about the volume issue. Would the stereo 50 watts from the Peavey cut a loud Rock n Roll gig? Not Metal but a raucous RnR Trio. Think ZZ Top, Skynyrd, Cream, Petty etc. I need a clean platform for the Kemper with some tube warmth and enough volume....

I run my un-powered Kemper "toaster" into a Mackie 112 Thump. The Thump is 1200 watts Class D. I typically have the volume on the Thump just past noon. Depending on the gig, I run my Kemper Master Volume between 3 and 7 most off the time. I play both restaurants and rowdy Rock gigs. I'd like to run my Kemper through a tube power amp into a 2 x 12 cab. I'm wondering if the Mesa Boogie 2 channel Stereo 50 watt amp would give me the same clean power, or more, as the Thump? I don't want power tube distortion, I'd like the power amp to be a clean platform with enough clarity for Dire Straits Sultans tones or Rev. Billy G grind tones. Any thoughts

Seems to me you are running stereo, correct? When you run both outputs out of the 2 ISP 4 ohm outputs into the 2 separate 8 ohm speakers in your Mission cab your ISP wattage drops to 40 watts per side. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with a Yamaha cabinet also with 8 ohm speakers. It's not going to be as loud as if you were running mono but I'm wondering if 40 watts Class A/AB power, which the ISP features, is comparable to 40 watts "tube" watts. Going by your experience,it appears 40 watts out of the Stealth might be too weak. I have a post addressing this also.. If I learn more, I'll give you a shout.

I have a non-powered "toaster" Kemper. For the last two years I've been gigging with a Mackie Thump 112, 1300 Class D watts. Like most of you, I find it sounds good but the Thump has an abundance of boomy bass and the high end can sound brittle. I'm mulling over powering the Kemper with an ISP Steath. My cabinet of choice is the new Yamaha THRC 212 300 Watt Speaker cabinet. It's got two different Emminence 12" speakers in it that handle 300 watts @16ohms mono, and 150 watts stereo at 8ohms. The ISP has two impedances, 180 watts @ 8 ohms and 90 stereo at 4 ohms. Running the ISP into the two 8 ohm inputs will yield 40 watts a side. The ISP Stealth is an analog power amplifier, not the usual Class D. My question is will 2 channels at 40 analog watts cut it in a Classic Rock Trio. We're not Metal but we kick ass. Is the analog 40 watts comparable to "tube" 40 watts? Can I assume 2 channels at 40 watts will yield close to 80 watts? I need clean headroom in that we do anything from Nowhere Man and Sultans of Swing to Sharp Dressed Man. I'm OK with not having FRFR speakers. The Yamaha cabinet was designed for their THRC 100 watt heads. I'm OK with a little speaker coloration. I want analog warmth. THANX

I'm wondering if there's any download available or "trickery" that would give me access to an arpeggiator with my Kemper? I'd like to play a part like the synth arpeggiator on Alan Parson's Games People Play with my group. I'd rather not spend money on a pedal for one song if there's something under my nose with the Kemper. THANX

I have an un-powered toaster Kemper. I'm playing in a Classic Rock Trio. Rock, not Metal. We sing a lot and use dynamics, the old "light and shade". Most of our gigs are small clubs/Tiki Bars, I'm in Florida. However there are times I'm outside where the acoustics get lost. I'm currently using a Mackie Thump 112 powered monitor. It sounds OK but I'm thinking of upgrading to either the Yamaha DXR 10 or 12. My concern is the DXR 10 won't cut playing outside, we don't mic our amps, just vocals. I'm also concerned the DXR 12 is boomy as my Thump has that flaw. Would I be better off with a pair of DXR 10s? I'm also considering the DSR 12 but the DXR series seems to get better reviews for their "warmth". A pair of DXR 10s would be just a bit more than a DSR 12. I've considered the Mission Engineering Geminis but again the 1 x 12 might not be loud enough and both Geminis reportedly have a loud "pop" when first turned on which....troubles me. :) Any thoughts on any of these options would be appreciated.

I have the Cathedral organ profile but I'm wondering if anyone has uploaded a Classic Rock Hammond B3 profile in the Users Download area? I'm thinking, in various degrees, Greg Allman/ Allman Bros. organ, Greg Rolie Santana organ and Jon Lord Deep Purple organ?

I have installed the Uno Kemper chip in my Behringer FCB 1010. I configured the Benringer FCB with the lower row controlling effects, the upper the amp models. I assigned switch #1 for my delay/echo preset. When I step on the switch it doesn't always respond. I have to step on it repeatedly to turn the effect on. I re-assigned the effect to switch #3, same problem. Everything else, effects or amp switching works perfectly. Is this a Benringer problem or Kemper problem? Thanks

Hi, I just purchased a Kemper and the tones are amazing! The clincher for me was the Golub Crunch mod video/audio I heard/saw on You Tube. I can't find the Golub mod via the Search engine. Any help finding it would be much appreciated.