Posts by JeffTD

The samples showcasing the profiles have horrible playing and out of tune guitars - they didn't have much a fighting chance to begin with. I'm not sure how this passed MW's QC but I have to assume he either gave it a passing glance or for some reason doesn't think playing+tuning were necessary to showcase the product.

I originally thought the editor would do this and function like Fractal's Axe-Edit program. It has become painfully obvious that this is not the case.

At this point in time, if I were purchasing again, I would 100% go with an AxeII, partially because of this. Not having software control over the hardware unit is an absolute joke in this day and age, especially considering that Access allows for DAW-based plugin control of their Virus synths.

Kemper dropped the ball on this in a huge way.

The problem with that, Ingolf, is that "it's ready when it's ready" is not an answer. A timeline would be wonderful, especially considering the overwhelming majority of studios run on OS X machines.

I've had my black KPA toaster for about 15 months now and love it to death, but want it in the rackmount form factor now. I have the original packaging/manuals and the unit is in great condition aside from one pin-prick size ding near the strap on the top-right corner.

Anyone want to swap?

Got my Uno4Kemper today... SO MUCH BETTER than the Eureka. Way more customizable for what I'm trying to do and integrates seamlessly. Not to mention the on-footboard tuner display - that alone makes it infinitely more gig-worthy.

I have an U4K on the way so we'll see, but currently You can do the whole stomps/wah/volume thing but can't change patches if you're in the mode that lets your changes stomps. There's the combo mode with 'presets' and stomps but it doesn't let you control which stomp slots you want it to correspond to, can't swap the top/bottom rows control wise, and I cannot get the presets to work at all.

The other thing that's a huge bummer is that having the expression pedal control FX parameters doesn't work well because of the KPAs sweep when it comes to the mix knob. For example, I had the left expression pedal set to control delay mix - it works great with the heel all the way down and slowly sweeping the delay into the signal, but with the toe fully up you get 100% delay and none of your original signal. Dealbreaker.

For the umpteenth time - absolutely none of the existing tag editors work for me. Kemper has the staff in place to make a great software controller; why this hasn't been a priority from the get-go is beyond me. I love my KPA to death but if I were to be building a rig for touring right now, I would go with the AxeII in a heartbeat because of the software control and integrated foot controller. It's a more complete and bulletproof setup, period.

I know what's been posted in the past - I don't buy it. We've heard zero updates on it. And I know the whole "not smart to tell customers a release date before a product is ready" thing holds true, but some kind of "yeah we're still working on it, it will have x features, expect it roughly between Qx and Qy of 201X" would be great.

And as far as the other methods - Everglades does not work on OS X and I cannot get any of the python-based editors to work on my system. Right now the only way I have to re-tag profiles is to upload them to the exchange, retag, and download. Pain in the ass.

I honestly don't think we're getting an editor. CK can feel free to prove me wrong but this particular issue has been handled terribly and I'm kind of PO'd as a customer. They obviously have the tools, resources, and experience to do an insanely good editor/librarian and even VST plugin counterpart, like they've done with the Access synths - it makes zero sense to not have done the same thing for the Kemper and leaving us in the dark on it is just irritating and disheartening.

I bought mine expecting a librarian to come out relatively soon - that was over a year ago and we've still seen functionally zero development on that path. It's frustrating as hell to me - Access makes INSANELY good editors for their synths and even a VST-based control setup for the Virus and others. There is absolutely no reason to not have the same with the KPA considering it's the same company.

While we are waiting for them to release a librarian we don't have to use our fingers on the kemper to name our profiles.
    There are already a few kemper software tag/renamers released and a MIDI controller/renamer that we can use.
    Here they are:
    http://www.wikpa.org/Utilities

One requires a subscription for the OS X version and I haven't been able to get the Python program to work no matter how many times I've tried.

None of them are great solutions, though. Why can't I just run a USB cable to the KPA and rename it directly from my computer? The functionality was clearly built into the machine to be developed at a later point, and it's not like its an incredibly hard program to write for a company that's already got their hand in the game.

Access makes an incredible vst based editor for their synths. It makes zero sense why the KPA can't even get a simple piece of standalone software to control the Kemper. Blows my mind that people aren't more angry about this - aren't your thumbs tired of twiddling just to rename? This is 2013 and we're still controlling text like it's the 90s.

I don't care about a graphical representation; I have ears and the numbers are more than enough for me.

What I do want is a true HPF/LPF in the equalizer, and no, the Wah filter blocks DO NOT cut it. I wan't full parametric control of the unit like I'd have in the most basic of stock DAW eqs.

It's insane to me that the same people behind Access (who make a GREAT software companion for their synths) haven't done the same for the Kemper yet, and haven't given any kind of indication as to when (even in general terms) we can expect it or what exactly it is.

Yes, it's not wise for a company to give a release date because then it is beholden to that release date. At the same time, it's really damn frustrating to have this awesome unit be a total pain in the ass to use when it comes to profile organization and naming/editing tag info on it.

I love my Kemper to death but my thumbs are getting reaaaally sick of twiddling with knobs constantly.