Posts by mysterywhiteboy

Hi,

Even though I've owned the KPA for a year now, I've never made a profile til now. The process looked intimidating, but I decided to go for it and actually managed to get my first profile done in 5 minutes! Really simple and the results were pretty cool. But, enough of that. Being that this my first profile, I'm hosting it offsite. I didn't want to pollute the rig exchange with rigs that could very well be substandard. Anyway, for those familiar with Feist, I tried to get as close as possible to her classic Guild Starfire + Vox Pathfinder sound using my own Starfire and Pathfinder. As a bonus, I also included a second profile that's slightly cleaner. Both get that nice fuzzy Pathfinder overdrive when played hard.

Profile demo:
    http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/167/VoxPathfinderFeist.wav

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/downl…VoxPathfinderKemper(1).7z

Enjoy!

Yeah, I'm after the Carr Rambler not the Slant. Thanks for the
    suggestion, though. :) I don't want to bug Andy too much. Just wanted to
    throw some future profile suggestions his way.

I think you hit it on the head... Even comparing profiles through my VHT power amp and
    CAb, it's amazing how much smaller and boxy other profiles sound compared to Andy's, even with my setup

Man, I thought I had pretty good sounding profiles before I decided to give Andy's work a try. However, after demoing his rigs, I went back to my favorites and really couldn't believe the difference. Andy knows how to capture the room and give the amps space to breathe. There are still a lot of excellent free profiles to be found out there (and most likely some amazing ones I haven't even tried), but, once you take the plunge, it's made immediately clear that Andy is pretty damn good at what he does.

I recently bought a few profiles from TAF and I can't believe how stunningly realistic they sound. I would recommend Andy's work to anyone wholeheartedly. The Peavey 6505 is indeed glorious and the Hot Cat sounds spectacular. It's amazing how small and boxed-in these make a lot of other profiles appear. Thanks again, Andy. You're work has really made the difference in my overall opinion of the Kemper!

If it's ok, I'd like to humbly request the following amps:

Gibson Lab Series L5 - More specifically, if you could profile one to Ty Taybor's sound in the King X album Gretchen Goes to Nebraska. I know a lot of people who would be happy about this.
    Fender '63 Vibroverb RI - Listen to Jeff Buckley's Live at Sin-e album for a reference on just how gorgeous these amps sound. It's also my main amp, but I don't have the means nor the gear to profile it accurately. I sorely miss not having its sound readily available in the Kemper and would greatly appreciate it done properly by Andy's proven talent.
    Carr Rambler
    Mesa Boogie Tremoverb

I would purchase the above in a heartbeat! :D