Posts by bigb6611

Just got mine last weekend. I bought it without trying it, after listening to every demo and watching every video I could find on the net. 8|

To me this is a recording tool, so I expected the profiles to sound as miked amps through studio monitors. So far so good, blending easily into songs using stock profiles. The only comparison I have made so far is with software amp sims (commercial and free ones). To me the Kemper sounds way more natural. Loving it now! 8)

Webb,

I could deal with this kind of latency if it was totally glitch free... but as I mentioned, the AF4 will sometimes go nuts. For instance, in DAW, closing a plugin window will sometimes trigger the glitches. And then the only option I have is to reset the AF4, and usually increase the buffer size. So to me the AF4 is really flaky. Too bad as the quality of this device is outstanding.

On the other hand, I managed to do my first actual song recording tests with my KPA last night, and I must say I'm impressed. This thing is awesome! :thumbup:

I've only used the profiles that came stock... sounding great. Can't wait to try some of And44's profiles!

Cheers guys

Edit:

guitarnet70: my Macbook Pro has indeed an i7 with plenty of RAM (16gb), so I thinlk this computer can handle the load no problem. :)

In case anyone is interested : I finally managed to get clean recordings with my KPA using S/PDIF. The problem was/is my Audiofire 4. I can't get decent recordings if I use a buffer size under 512.

So setting the buffer size at 512 in Reaper, I can almost get a stable behaviour. Almost because occasionnally, the Audiofire 4 will go astray and then pops start to occur... and when this starts, no matter what the buffer size I set (64 up to 1024), I have to reboot Audiofire.

Anyhow, I wanted to let you know and also thank you for your input. As I mentioned before, my Kemper experience begins here. Looking forward to interact some more!

Cheers,

- ben

Zappledan,

Thanks for your reply!

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is made in my audio interface's settings, right?

I have set the audio interface's clock source to s/pdif... so is the Kemper the master, or do I have to perform further settings on the Kemper?

Thanks again!

- ben

Hello all,

My name is Ben. I just got my Kemper today. So here starts my journey! :)

I've been reading quite a lot and watched a lot of u tube clips before making the jump!

Now I am reaching out to anyone out there who is using the KPA with the s/pdif IO. I am using a Macbook Pro with an Echo Audiofire 4. I want to use its s/pdif io to record the KPA. I have set the AF4's clock source to s/pdif in the Echo console panel. My first few tries with this setup are not quite convincing... I am hearing quite a few artifacts (pops, clicks, glitches...)

Has anyone experienced and resolved similar issues?

Thanks in advance, I am looking forward to interacting with this community!

All the best,

- ben