Posts by Pobinr

Up until now I've used a line 6 UX 2 as computer interface for guitar & external sound card for my PC then for my Mac.
    Sadly there's no spdif into the Line 6 so I can't use as sound card without losing quality.
    Can anyone recommend an external sound car that will work well with Mac for me to plug the spdif output of the kemper into ?

Hi I am knocked out by the sound of my Kemper. So so pleased with it.
    Bit of a faff though trying to name profiles. I wonder why no PC/Mac interface so all these things could be done with a qwerty keyboard ?
    I've played around with various profiles to suit my preference.
    Does anyone know how to save a profile in favourites or move to favourites ?

Also I always add reverb. Is it possible to have reverb so that whatever profile you call up the reverb is always on as one has set it ?
    Thanks

As the Kemper has a USB lead it's a shame one can't browse it in Windows file manager or the Mac equivalent to move or delete files just as when one plugs ones smart phone into the USB of a computer.

Thank you all for the welcome :)
    I'm in Southamton UK. My original 1973 guitar was a very cheap one. Bought for just £3 off a friend!
    I now have a Squire Strat, Les Paul, Carvin Holdworth HF2, Ibanez AH10, Tokai Tele & a Westone Rainbow II.
    The Kemper is ideal for me. I am a tone freak. Up until now I've just had the Line 6 UX2 plus Vox, Blackstar, Seymour Duncan & H&K valve pedals.

To me the Kemper is a dream come true. I'm blown away with the tones/sound. Seem to me they must be very close to the originals. I love the nuance you get as the tone varies so much in how you hit the string & how hard just like a tube amp. Well in a way after all one is playing a tube amp as captured by the Kemper. I found with the Line 6 UX2 that dynamic just wasn't present. I found tube pedals helped to an extent as I have several. But the Kemper is just the bees knees. Just going to take a while to get to grips with the controls. Time I'm more than happy to spare. I very much like the retro look of the Kemper too along with the pretty LEDS. Aesthetically pleasing. Just as well as I'm going to be spending hundreds of hours infront of it.

Just acquired a Kemper which is amazing. It's just wonderful.
    Just been playing round with the '01 San Oye Come' based on a Dumble. Can't believe I'm getting Eric Johnson type tones.
    Plus 'GM story blues' which is such a good blues tone.
    What's so much better about profiling than modelling is the response is dependant on how you hit the string & how hard. It enables so much more expression.
    I think the Kemper is something I've been dreaming of for 40 years. Respect to the ingenious designer of the Kemper.

Anyway up until now I've been using a Line 6 UX2 as sound card on my Mac as well as a guitar interface. I tried connecting it in series with the Kemper as I want some of the UX2 effects.
    I need the UX2 USB lead into the Mac to feed the guitar sound into the Mac. But it has no s/pdif input for the Kemper s/pdif output.
    So I guess I'll have to p[lug the 1/4" jack out of the Kemper into the instrument input of the UX2.
    Or does anyone know a better config to save going digital to analogue then back to digital?
    Also is it possible connect the USB socket of the Kemper to my Mac to enable the Kemper to be an external sound card instead of the UX2 ?
    Thanks

I've been attempting to play guitar since 1973. I spend as much time experimenting with tone as practicing. So the Kemper is ideal for me. To capture all the best amps in one unit is a dream come true. Up until now all I've had is a Line 6 UX2. Any I'm going to ask a question next about how to connect up to my Mac with the UX2 as the sound card on queries forum. BFN

Oh I see. Sorry I thought the sample was simply a case of playing a few notes whilst the miked up amp sound is fed into the Kemper.
    But that's not the case. What happens is actually that you plug the Kemper into the amp input. It then sends test tones into the amp & then it notes what comes out of the amp/speaker system.
    Hence it can then know the transfer function of the amp/speaker system combined. Or of course one can I assume take DI out of the amp to ignore the speaker component of the sound. Plus include non time dependant effects in the effects chain also.

HI thanks for your replies & welcome :)
    As I understand it, the Kemper samples the sound you make. Not just the amp. Of course it's not going to include delay effects I imagine, but it will include anything that effects the tone such as what guitar and or effects as well as amp of course is what's profiled y/n ?
    I am an experimental guitarist endlessly experimenting with improvisation & sound so the Kemper could be a lot of fun for me. I assume superior to the Line 6 I use.

Hi
    My favourite players are Allan Holdsworth, Jeff Beck, Larry Carlton, Santana, Benson, Eric Johnson.
    They are also my favourite players in terms of the tone.
    1] Are there profiles available that make it possible to play a strat through the Kemper & achieve the tone of Beck or the strat tone of Larry Carlton or Johnson?
    2] Then to play a 335 type guitar through it & achieve sound like the 335 tone Carlton gets ?
    3] Likewise I have a Carvin Holdsworth HF2 guitar. How close to Holdsworth sound wise could I get with the right profile ?
    I scanned the rigs from fellow users & there doesn't seem to be much there in terms of achieving the above.
    I'm assuming here of course it's too much to expect the Kemper to achieve authentic tones I've mentioned without a similar type of guitar being used to start with.
    4] Is it possible to get unusual & pleasing clean sounds ?
    5] Finally is it possible to go into a free edit mode then experiment with the Kemper's controls & achieve sounds of amps that couldn't be made. Abstract virtual amp sounds if you like for want of a better description.
    Thanks in anticipation for any advice :)