Posts by leewhit

I was just joking with you. I wasn't being mean. Seriously, I do agree that the guitar you are using makes all the difference in the world. Just because a profile was made to sound great with one particular guitar doesn't mean it will even be close to sounding good with a different guitar. That's not even taking account for all of the other variables such as pickup differences, string differences, and individual player touch/dynamics. You could even dial in a nice tube amp with a particular guitar and then hand it off to other players and it could sound very different! YMMV

I am programming my POD HD500 to use as a midi controller for the Kemper. I do not plan on using any effects or amps from it. I am good with that part. Have tried it, works just fine.

I am wondering if anyone is using the POD to power the JTV Variax and maybe also for changing modeled guitars in the Variax. Seems like this should work if you use the VDI out of JTV into POD and use 1/4" out of JTV into Kemper. I am just using the editor right now as my POD is being used by a friend until after Sunday.

I'll find out soon enough on my own , just curious if anyone is doing it like that and if so, how's it working out for you.

Just bought Lindy-VVT2, ToneKing-Imperial and Dr.Z-Carmen-Ghia packs. Wow! I can't believe how good they sound! I've fallen in love with the Dr.Z for Tele stuff and just about anything else. Great tones to be had in those profiles. :thumbup:

Hi, I have not yet received my white Kemper lunchbox. Monday is the day! Can't wait. I have been educating myself by way of this forum.

Great work by so many people! Thanks for your effort.

I have read where some are using POD HD500 as a midi controller. I may go this route because I do play a JTV-59 and own the POD. It would be nice to retain the ability to change the guitar models along with the rigs in the Kemper. My question is how does going into the POD first affect the sound quality? Anyone notice degradation in tone by doing this as opposed to just using a dedicated midi controller and plugging the Variax or other guitar directly into the Kemper?