Posts by JN

Do we not use these boxes to make music?
    Does the average person, listening to a mix of whatever genre music you play, care how or what you used to get your guitar sound/tone?
    NO!
    They are listening to the music.
    They accept the sound for what it is.
    Whether it sounds like a transistor radio or a symphony, they couldn't possibly know what you intended it to sound like.
    All the instruments combined together create the music, not your guitar tone.
    Come back to reality and make some good music.
    You can make great sounding music with almost any gear that's available today.

SpiritSeeker,

I applaud your methodology. After all, you just don't know if it's right for you until you try it out for yourself.
    With so many good choices available, it's best to do a real world comparison, when possible.
    Personally, I own the Kemper, Axe Fx II, GT1000FX 2U and a couple CFR12's.
    I'm amazed by the sound coming from all these units.

I also have a Lehle 1at3 switcher, where I can connect a guitar to both units and one of my guitar amp/cabs.
    One CFR12 for the Kemper, one CFR12 for Axe Fx and then a real guitar amp/cab.
    All I can say is that both units are very capable of reproducing the true essence of a real tube guitar amplifier and cabinet.

Instant switching back and forth helps me dial in a sound fast and reminds me just how good they are.
    Now I can get on to playing music, instead of evaluating gear.

Jim