Posts by vablows

I also use a CLR to dial in my rigs, and they sound very, very close on any PA system I run them through.

I also use a Line 6 G50 and check it, but at rehearsal we have the monitors facing us and I am going direct and it sounds very close to what I hear out of my CLR (just not as good!).

No need for anything else but to plug in and rock when showtime hits.

Separate.

Guitar output goes into KPA.

GK-3 into GR-55, the outs from GR-55 go to Kemper loop.

I explained this in the other thread .

Do not use the guitar out from the GR-55, bad signal loss before it reaches the Kemper.

You have to set all of your patches individually as far as volume goes.
    Pain, but a necessity if using it live.

I set the GK vol in global to patch volume, and then set the exp pedal to patch setting and usually use the expression pedal as a crossfader.

I will say, I always had Assign Hold off, and I was extremely frustrated when changing patches and the synths would always be on so I turned it on and now when the volume pedal is in the heel position the synth doesn't just come on like it used to.

I also realized that the best way for me to turn synths and modleling guitars on and off is to use the CTL to do this, and I just discovered yesterday that you can do this in each patch or globally in the GK sub-menu.

I use the GR-55 to control my Kemper as well, and after 2 years I have finally begun mastering everything together.

But it has been a long, frustrating road.

Although, I am extremely happy now with my setup.

But I put the stereo outs of the GR-55 into the alt input and return input of the Kemper, then I only plug the Kemper stereo outs to the CLR.

Much easier, and you can do different things if you want to engage the stereo effects loop either pre or post stack for using CSOM guitars blended with the Kemper.

For me personally, it is 100% more enjoyable for ME to play in stereo.
    But I have always wanted to do that.
    I am the only guitarist in my band (covers) and have to cover a TON of ground, and stereo sounds with effects are crucial to me being able to
    sound as good as I want to.

I agree with both:

The last guitarist I worked with in a band used a Marshall JCM900 half stack and only used clean channel on the amp, all dirt was done with pedals.

He had the best tone of anyone I have played with up to that point, and he is a producer who has worked with a lot of pros so I studied what he did and how he tweaked his eq's and such, and he basically would have been very happy with the powered Kemper into his cab but hated the idea of a digital amp and was completely against it..

BUT, I use the Kemper through Atomic CLR and I find that because my main guitar has such unusual tone (very thick walnut body, rosewood neck with ebony fretboard, and H/S/H config) that different amps bring out the guitar's tone better.

When I played through my old Hughes and Kettner Access/ VHT 2/90/2 setup, the tones were good but I was never satisfied and now I can get the tones I was looking for on any song (we are a cover band) and I can nail every tunes sounds near perfectly.

The profiles of amps I have (a ton of commercial profiles) all sound vastly different.

Mats, great tones!
    Could you list your compressor, boost, and green scream settings for me if you wouldn't mind?
    Just looking for a ballpark, and why you use the boost and green scream together?

Simply amazing pack 2!
    My faves so far are the Little Walters, Marshall JMP, and CAA but I have only had limited time with them and truly all the profiles are great, it's going to be hard to pick my new faves as my rig stacks.

Well since I LOVED pack 1 so much, I just bought pack 2.
    I will go through it today and report back....you have given me the tones I have been searching for over 20 years in one rig, Michael, thank you so much!

I just plug the GR-55 into the effects loop, stereo (there is a reason for this vs. mono only).
    Completely bypass the 55 with my guitar's mag pickups by going direct into Kemper.

Then, you can put the effects loop in anywhere you want, for ultimate flexibility.

Plus, your guitar signal is uncolored by the 55 as well.

Put the effects loop before the amp for modeled sounds, or for acoustic and synth stuff you don't need to anything, it it wll be used as the aux input.

I use it this way and 2 years later I am still finding new things all the time.

Awesome!

I am using the pedal pitch for one preset now, but no matter what I do, when I cahange to the preset from another the pedal pitch is automatically engaged in the heel position.

I have specified it at toe - 0, and heel to -24.

But toe is always up fully when I switch, and I have to quickly toggle it down, then back up.

I can't seem to figure out why it won't "remember" to stay in toe position.

Any thoughts?

Hi All,

Anyone else notice the effects loop is "dull".
    I run my Roland GR-55 synth through the stereo effects loop in the back, but just as an aux input.
    However, I would like to use the effects loop post stack so I can toggle it on and off at 100% level to essentially kill the guitar signal and only the synth will sound for little horn parts and stabs.

The synth sounds 100% normal when running through as an aux, but when I use the stereo effects loop it sounds extremely dull and like a blanket is over the synth.

I am running the current beta 2.6.0 firmware.

I did have the same problem with previous firmware as well.

Does the effects loop have a buffered effect to it?

Anyone notice this/ use it this way besides me?

Quick question if you can help, Michael:

I listened to your rock encore on youtube- Can you tell me if you know off-hand what tones you're using for those?
    Just one, or are you changing it up on the different tunes?
    Sounds great, just wondering if I can use those same tones you are (even though the fingers won't sound the same)! lol

Ok, so I got the profiles within 10 minutes of ordering.

I just quickly ran through all of them - they are nearly all usable for me, and sensational!

I had them only running through 1 Atmomic CLR at home, but cranked it as loud as I could.

Amazing and exactly what I as a guitarist who only uses the Kemper for live purpose was looking for!

I play in a cover band that spans multiple genres and I need a variety of tones, and your profiles have everything I need.

I am going to clear out all of my current profiles after I get all of my presets with my effects synced up.

I especially love the Blethchley - man, that is some of the thickest, smoothly saturated tone I have ever heard!

I cannot wait to crank these in true stereo at band volumes through the PA, thank you so much and everyone who plays live truly needs this pack!