Posts by LIQUIDAETHER

I did the calibration of the pedals with the help of the manual but still the KPAs wah is not responding or doing anything. Is there anything i will have to change on the KPA (like in the YT video about the AXE-FX)???

Hey guys.

So today i bought a FCB 1010 to gain more control over the KPA. Its my first piece of gear from BEHRINGER since nearly 16 years... Haha.

While i can switch rigs easily i did not manage to get the expression pedals working. Is there any tutorial on how to best set up the board for the use with the KPA?

And what about the ofter referred UNO chip? Is it a must? Won´t i be able to switch on stomps etc. without it?

Let me know everything you know about the FCB1010 (links to other threads etc. are well appreciated! :)).

Thanks in advance.

-Mario

...gone with a new unit!? At least to an extent where i can deal with it properly in live situations. :)

On a sidenote : gone is also some strange noise the 'old' KPA had in my own profile where i had to turn up the noise gate pretty high to get rid of it. Now with the new unit the noise gat is completely out of the signal chain and there is no weird noise anymore. Good news at least for me. ;)

Interesting. I also have the black version of the Kemper. And yes, I switch rigs while playing something. I didn't write the songs and I think it's annoying, but I have to play e.g. a clean lick and then immediately be able to switch to a distorted sound without missing a quarter note.. which was possible with my old setup (EVH 5150 + stomp pedals). If this lag is there for everyone and they just don't hear it or don't mind it, the MIDI switching of the Kemper is a huge disappointment for me.

Hey.

Ah, also a black one like mine! ;) On monday i will be in colognes MUSICSTORE checking out two other KPAs with a stock BEHRINGER board and hopefully this will bring it! ;)

The profiling is stopped by the KPA when the signal is too hot so i think there is no readjusting by the KPA going on. Or? ?(

Yeah, the Open Ambience Project rocks. I hope you wil not get in any trouble with it... ;)

Played with this profile for 2 hours straight - so much fun :D

Great for D-beat as well (Disfear, Wolfbrigade, etc) - thanx !

Yeah, this is the shit!! :) I also like the sound of SKITSYSTEM (Nar Ska Ni Fatta) pretty much. Which albums from WOLFBRIGADE do you prefer? I like the older ones under the name of WOLFPACK way more as they are not soooo dirty and a bit more metal. Haha.

I like your style, Liquidaether. Nice one. :thumbup:

Thank you very much! Haha. Have you made similar experiences? I mean i am not THAT old but the guy I learned all that studio stuff from in the 90s (which happend in a completely analog studio) told me alot to search for the sweet spot whenever possible (and more often than not that sweet spot is somewhere in the higher levelregion) which seems to be something people nowadays forget. Haha.

Btw are you the guy behind SHEPPi? Your forumname suggests sth. like that. :P Its a really great tool and I am using it regularly when mixing or mastering. :)

This is what i found out today (I also posted this in another thread about the switching lag) :

Some short news :

Just for fun I switched the cab on my clean profile to the same cab I am
    using with my high gain profile and it felt like the switching lag was
    reduced to a 'size' where i could switch the rigs almost flawlessly with
    a little practice. Great so far.

But :

After that I programmed a midi track in REAPER to change the KPAs rigs
    for my bands' live-setup (just switching from high gain to clean and
    back) and after playing along to that backing track while recording the
    KPAs output i found out that the lag seems to be inconsistent ranging
    from around 100 ms (which is what Kemper told me is somewhat normal and
    what was taking into consideration by me when programming the above
    mentioned Midi track) to way more. 8|

Conclusion : I will be bringing back my KPA to the store where i bought
    it and check one of the KPAs they have in stock with a BEHRINGER
    Floorboard and my NOBELS board to see if the lag is also apparent in the
    other units. Hopefully its not and i can drive home with a fully
    working amp. We'll see...

Some short news :

Just for fun I switched the cab on my clean profile to the same cab I am using with my high gain profile and it felt like the switching lag was reduced to a 'size' where i could switch the rigs almost flawlessly with a little practice. Great so far.

But :

After that I programmed a midi track in REAPER to change the KPAs rigs for my bands' live-setup (just switching from high gain to clean and back) and after playing along to that backing track while recording the KPAs output i found out that the lag seems to be inconsistent ranging from around 100 ms (which is what Kemper told me is somewhat normal and what was taking into consideration by me when programming the above mentioned Midi track) to way more. 8|

Conclusion : I will be bringing back my KPA to the store where i bought it and check one of the KPAs they have in stock with a BEHRINGER Floorboard and my NOBELS board to see if the lag is also apparent in the other units. Hopefully its not and i can drive home with a fully working amp. We'll see...

I have owned 3 Kempers so far. 2 were replacements. Both of the previous were white, the new one is black. With the previous 2 I had no lag whatsoever. Im using a Rocktron Midi Raider. However with the new black Kemper I have alot of lag. I do have a volume pedal engaged but I have always had one engaged. I will try to it unhooked next Sunday to see if the issue changes. Its a very noticeable lag though. I didnt notice it until 2 weeks ago, because I usually play mostly one patch in a live setting at church. But when I did change it mid song I thought something was very wrong. After the set I discovered the lag. Did a reset but that did not resolve it. Hopefully something good will come from this discussion. Deny keep us posted please.

That's funny!! Mine is also black and I am having that switching lag! Anyone else with a black unit experiencing the lag? Haha.

Tried to call KEMPER today but no luck due to the christmas holidays. I will call them ASAP in the new year and if it has to be bring them my lagging amp so they can check for possible errors.