Posts by lightbox

Let me add some spices to the mess:
    Michael Wagener explicitly mentions that he pretty much always uses combinations of amps to create the final sound. I have yet to see someone of the experts here take this into account.
    The fact that you potentially could get highest quality Kobe beef (perfectly profiled individual amps) from Mr. Wagener doesn't necessarily mean that you (as a client) would immediately turn into a 5 star chef, right? And I doubt that Mr. Wagener would turn jobless just because he sells high quality meat. You know what I mean, right?

PS: Why is this thread in "Free rigs and profiles"? I don't expect him to do this work for free. :)

If you guys have an idea how to organize the content in a more accessible (easier to find) way, you're most welcome to share your ideas here and we'll see how we can implement it. The current structure basically is the rough idea I had when I started the Wiki. Not much fine tuning to the community's demands yet. So there's plenty of room for improvement. :)

One thing to keep in mind though:
    In a Wiki system all pages (no exceptions) are in the same hierarchical level, there's actually no such thing like sub-pages or sub-sub-pages. This is the reason why we have to create some sort of navigation, lots of cross-links, etc.

I don't have Atomic CLRs but I want to give you some food for thought. :)

Do you like to listen to recorded music? Do you like to listen very loud on a good set of speakers?
    If this is the case and you're used to this kind of experience, then you'll be very happy I bet.
    But it will require you to change your perception of what to expect to hear a bit if you had been used to the "raw" thing that you call the "real" thing. What is the "real" thing? Is it the sheer brutal blast from a 4x12 cab? Or is it the mic'ed amp sound that goes to FOH and/or a recording and/or some good in-ear monitors? If this sounds tempting to you, then you'll be more than happy. On the other hand, if you can't or don't want to adapt, then you might be better of using your 4x12 cab and switch cab simulation off in your Profiler ... with a much reduced flexibility of course. How could you make a Marshall 4x12 cab sound like a Fender Tweed Deluxe? You would be stuck with only one (or few) type(s) of cabs you bring on stage.

Hope this helps a bit. :)
    Martin

Holy f***ing shit, do these DXR10 sound great?! 8o
    And I just tried them using not only bedroom level but living room level, so to say.
    Can't wait to push them a bit more next week.

Thanks guys for the hard work promoting the Kemper Profiler / Yamaha DXR10 combination. Phantastic! :thumbup:

Have we finally found a good use for the UNDO / REDO buttons? 8)
    +1 on the idea ... and to extend on that, I would suggest to have UNDO/REDO buttons cycle through the last x rigs (where x is a configurable system setting between 2 and 5)

There are many converters on the market, just try Google. :)
    Two things to keep in mind though:

• You've probably read that the Kemper Profiler's S/PDIF output must be master. There's no way to make it a slave unless you get an asynchronous sample rate converter. I have no idea how the coax.->opt. converter and the Behringer DEQ2496 behave in this regard.
    • Also keep in mind that you might get some problems when you want to record not only the wet signal but also a DI track for reamping (e.g. S/PDIF - GIT/Stack). Not a good idea to have an EQ in the signal path in this situation. My suggestion would be: Use analog outputs for your EQ'ed signal path and keep digital I/O for the digital DI/ReAmping workflow.