Posts by mkiese

Love using my Kemper.

Hard to switch patches with my Lunch Box model sitting on the ground. Always have to prop it up on something.

I find myself playing along with concert bands a lot and need to switch between an Acoustic Simulator patch and a distorted patch mid-song.

Need foot controller that's not midi. I hate midi. Hate programming it, a controller should already be set and ready to gig out of the box with minimal tweaking.

Line 6 has proprietary foot controllers that use CAT5 connectors.

Why doesn't Kemper?

At this point it's been so long that you guys should just have one out by now.

I personally wouldn't mind a larger pedal as long as it's practical and everything is logically placed.

I already save a lot of space by not carrying around multiple amps and cabinets.

Just make another properly sized gig bag for the foot controller if it doesn't fit in the NAMBA bag and call it even.

I LOVE the idea of a proprietary foot controller. Especially one that runs on RJ-45/CAT5 cable, or one that isn't MIDI. (I absolutely HATE midi foot controllers). I'm assuming that the foot controller will be using a RJ-45/CAT5 style connector as looking on the back of my Kemper, that's the one connection that would make the most sense. It could power the controller and send/receive data. Line 6 has been doing this for a while already with their FBV series foot controllers I believe.

I would like to add this suggestion:

Have an instrument/guitar input on the controller. That way there would be only one cable going to the Kemper Amp, instead of two (one for the foot controller, and one for the instrument cable).

With an instrument input directly on the footcontroller, that would also give us the option of hooking up our pedal boards directly into the foot controller. This would be extremely convenient. And it would involve less setup time and hassle on the gig.

Understandably, a lot of guys would prefer to have their pedals run through the effects loop.

But there are also those of us who would choose convenience and practicality over the hassle of extra cables and clutter all over the stage/performance area.

I'm a guitar player in the US Army Band. As a military musician, I'm CONSTANTLY gigging and schlepping my own equipment here and there. I'm my own roadie, and I have come to HATE cables and unnecessary equipment. Being free from cables and having a simple setup allows me to focus less on my equipment and more on PERFORMING for the audience.

my Preferred Signal Path:

Guitar---->personal pedal board (optional)---->Kemper foot controller------>Kemper Amp----->sound board

Added Bonus:

TWO instrument inputs on the Kemper foot controller for stereo effects for those of us who love our Delay effect pedals.

SUPER Added Bonus:

WIRELESS capability for the foot controller i.e. no RJ-45 cable going to the Kemper amp. That way the Kemper amp could be ANYWHERE. Backstage, offstage, rackmounted with the soundboard...... I don't see how this would be a problem, if the Kemper foot controller's connection indeed uses a RJ-45/CAT5 cable, then there is the possibility of running a wireless computer router (just like the ones people use at home) to send/receive the signal to/from the Kemper foot controller to the Kemper Amp.

I'm often at the mercy of the Keyboards and Drums. They take up so much space on stage. It would be AWESOME if I could easily pickup my foot controller and park myself anywhere on stage.

I know this comment will probably be buried somewhere deep in this thread, but I did want to throw my opinion into the pot.

thanks!

-Mike Kiese