Posts by merman9393

I got my Toaster from ZZounds when they were offering it on 8 payments, which was a whole lot easier to swallow than the whole $1750.00. By the time I got my Rack I went with Sweetwater, as no one else had them in stock.

Except for special promotions, the longest payment spread I've seen lately is 4 payments.

Most production runs of electronic equipment are destined for specific locations which could effect placement on the shipping list. There are also 2 different Stores,.. The International Store, and the U.S. Store, which also effect placement.

Im sure this is an uncomfortable issue for Kemper, with little opportunity to make all customers happy.

Be content that all of the Early Birds should receive their Remotes before any " non-early" customers.

I believe what G-string was implying, was " no additional charges" to the end-user, or retail purchaser. They are shipping from Kemper USA store, to Kemper on- line USA customer, free shipping included.

The USA Customs charges import fees to the Kemper USA store, which they are not adding to the Retail price.

Luckily, these will be arriving on USA East Coast Terminals, ( I assume, hope), as their is a "slow down/walk off" type issue on West Coast docks, delaying products from Asia getting to Samsung, Sony, Roland, Korg, distributers.

Another interesting issue would be actual Sales tax. I live in Virginia, and they don't require On-Line retailers to collect Retail Sales Tax, but some states do, and a few more started in January 2015. Again, this would also be required of ANY other On-Line retailer, if your State requires it.

If you are considering a true midi guitar option, the Fishman Triple Play is wireless, extremely acurate, and only $400.00 including a suite of soft synths. The FTP features near flawless tracking of Midi data. Also, there are 3 FTP internally equipped guitars currently on the market, Fender Strat FTP, the Godin Custom FTP, and Godin Montreal FTP.

If you are thinking more along the lines of a modeling, system, the Boss GP-10, is about $500.00 including the GK pickup. This unit opens up individual string tuning options, emulations of acoustics, various electric models, etc. effects and amps, ( although I prefer the KPA's effects and amp sims), and midi output, ( although not as acurate as the Fishman Triple Play).

Very small expenditures for the features included.

To be clear, I have ordered my Remote from the Kemper On-line store. I do however understand why some US customers, would prefer to make their purchase from Sweetwater, or another local retailer.

Although the overall price would be exactly the same, if the buyer qualifies, Sweetwater offers to split that $599 over 3 months, with no interest charged. That can make a difference to a guitarist on a tight budget. Other US retailers offer even better 0 interest financing.

Before I purchased my first Kemper I did my due diligence, and researched both the Axe FX and the Kemper, and found they were both excellent units, and both had excellent reviews from real users. Either one would have been a good choice. In the end, the tipping point was that I could purchase the Kemper from a reputable retailer who offered to split the payments over 8 months at $225.00 per month.
    The Axe FX was only available from Fractal direct, with no financing option.

That option did make the difference in my original purchase. When I decided to purchase a second unit, I didn't consider the Axe FX, as I was totally sold on the quality of the Kemper, the ease of use, and setup, and the Kemper community.

So, I can see how an initial outlay of $200.00 could be the deciding factor for many guitarists in choosing the Kemper Remote over a Different unit.

I Am eagerly awaiting the email confirming shipment of Early Bird units

I had hoped that when I pre-ordered using VISA, it would actually take the money out of my account so that I didn't have an issue with available funds when ever the product was ready to ship.
    After placing my order on Jan 14, I checked my bank account, and it did reflect a $599.00 charge to Kemper Store.
    Yesterday, I was balancing my bank statement, and It appeared I had $600.00 more than what I was expecting. I printed an up to date activity log, and there is no record of the charge to Kemper. I had a similar situation a few years ago with a pre-order of an Apple product, and when it eventually shipped, It appeared I was charged again.
    What actually happened then, and I assume is happening now is that,.. The amount was Authorised when I completed the pre-order, and my account balance dropped by that amount, but when the actual charge didn't follow in 5 business days, the pre-Authorised amount was credited back to my account, and the transaction didn't appear in my activity log either.
    When the Kemper Store begins shipping units, they will process another Authorization for $599.00, and this time they will follow up with an actual withdrawal, which is expected.
    I just wanted to mention this for any others that pre-purchased using their Charge card, so they aren't thinking they were double charged, and/or to make sure they have enough on their card to authorize the purchase when Kemper store begins shipping in next few weeks.
    It would totally suck to wait all that time, and then have your card declined when they are ready to ship.

Have you looked into AccuGroove FRFR ? I believe the Espresso model is under 30 lbs.
    check out video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In some of Coops vids he uses some GuitarSynth gear which sounds amazing as well.
    I'm using Gemini 2 which I am VERY happy with, but heavier than y'all looking for.

You have to contact them about pricing, and they'll email you a quote good for 45 days.
    IIRC, it's in the ballpark but can't say for sure.

It's only money,... I had been using a GCP since before I got my Toaster, ( had my Kemper since first shipment hit US ), had an FCB lying around, purchased 3 different chips for it over last 2 years, purchased Liquid Foot 12 + just Last week, and ordered KR 2 days later.
    Thats the Industry. Love it or leave it. Surprisingly, Kemper is way, WAY more supportive of their products than many other manufacturers. Considering my Toaster can load and utilize the absolute latest updates, and they haven't charged me any additional cash, I'm very grateful. I've probably purchased 2, maybe 3, IPhones in the same amount of time, to be able to utilize their latest improvements. And that's ok with me too.

If the KR proprietary communication protocol is even minimally quicker at changing presets, I'll be happy. Could care less about the looper. I do that now in Ableton and loop a lot more than what is generated from the Kemper proprietary communication has a better chance of being faster. Look at the Boss GP-10 guitar Synth. It s internal sounds are WAY faster than if you send it out via midi and then a synth receives the midi data etc.

I live in the States and was able to set up my account on the Kemper Online US store , and verify my purchase. As of yesterday, I still think PayPal pal was a no go. I used my VISA . I think most buyers selected Prepay, which sent them an email stating they would receive an invoice in a few days with options for payment. Look through the many pages on ordering remote for details.

I followed the instructions, to set up an account at the store using the same email address I used for Early Bird request First. When setting up the Store Account, it asks for preferred payment, which I originally set up as Paypal. When I kept getting the Error, in German, I went back to My Account settings and changed it to VISA, and it went through, I received confirmation, etc.

I figure any who set up their store Account and selected prepay, will be just fine. I prefer to pay immediately and get it done, so there won't be any issues if my girlfriend goes on shopping spree and leaves nothing available.

I ordered with no real issues,..switched to my Macbook, as iPad wouldn't let me select US Store, really preferred to pay with Paypal but every time I attempted that, I got a response in German in Red Font, (obviously meaning NO). I went back to my Account settings, changed payment type to Credit Card, and process completed.

I realize the order instructions recommended against using Paypal as they would charge immediately, but I do NOT like entering my credit card details, including 3 digit code, and the last 4 of my SS#, but I did anyway. I buy a lot of Vintage guitars from Japan, and I was having to change my Credit Card 2-3 times a year when fraudulent charges from Russia kept coming through, but since I started buying anything on-line with Paypal I have not any any issues.

Anyway, I have 6 weeks marked on my Calendar.

Not surprised about price, that's the going rate for a quality midi controller. I hopped on wait list early, and I have noticed quite a few others on wait list are surprised with pricing, so I'm hoping I move up quickly.

I ordered the Liquid Foot +12+ also, as it features 2 way communication, and works great with KPA, ($900.00). I like the 13 displays on the +12+, the extensive midi functionality, and the OSX editor included. When I finally receive the Kemper Remote, I'll decide which works better for my needs.

I hope you're right. If not, I don't think the KFC will work for me and I'll have to go with the Liquid Foot or one of the other very pricey MIDI solutions.

I will ill buy the Kemper Remote, but it would be unfortunate if my current setup,Ground Control Pro, and Hex, work better. I have 2 KPA's and various other Midii gear, and the GCP allows me to switch all with a single tap.

These are wonderful! My glitch was that I forgot to reInstall "unarchiver" on my iMac, after deleting some programs a week ago, and couldn't open the download. My brain turned back on eventually, unzipped, dragged to RM, and now in both Kempers. Will be using a few of these on some Beatles covers soon.
    thanks Andy!!!!

As my entire rig is "integrated" and controlled by my Ground Control Pro, ( 2 Kempers, Voodoo Labs Hex switching in and out various pedals), I am interested in if the KR/KFC will be able to control other midi gear.

When I was using the Behringer with UNO for KPA chip, I did like the way it was dedicated to the KPA, but thats also the downside,...it is dedicated to the KPA, and can't control my other Midi devices.

As far as pricing,...the Liquid Foot +12+ runs $900, and thats really the only foot controller I would replace my GCP with,..so far. The only thing I wish the GCP had is two way Communication.

If the Kemper Remote can send CC/PC to my Hex, as well as different midi data to both my Kempers, then Im game.

<p><span style="line-height:1.28">The AR 2000 Prestige Artist was a new model in 2000 based on vintage Artists. (2nd from left)</span></p>

<p>The AR 2619 Prestife is a vintage re-issue of the classic model. (3rd from left)</p>

<p>Both were made in Japan at Fujigen Factory, the same as your classic Ibanez.</p>

<p>Ibanez also sells a line of Artist models made in China that are more economical .</p>

<p>I'm obviously a big Ibanez fan, ha ha.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>