Posts by StealthAMD

As for a Kemper HQ in North America I am not sure...

It is a place of business for Kemper in the US and I was contacted by their Sales Manager.

Most probably it has to do with the fact that I live in Canada and bought it from a Canadian store, has to be shipped through customs and all...

Canada is a small market compared to the US and we don't have a distributor of the scale of a Sweetwater here.

By the way, Kemper has a 1st class service and support. I am really impressed with the way they are handling things.

Hello Elantric,

Nice to see you here. I am a member of the vguitarsforum and still own a vg-99. I don't use it as much anymore since the KPA is basically stealing the whole show since I have it.

Now that I have tried my Pod HD with the result I described, I think I will switch to the VG-99 until I get my new KPA delivered. The only real PITA is that I only have 1 guitar with a GK-3 pickup and it's not my preferred one...

Good opportunity to get reacquainted with the VG-99 and that specific guitar though.

Cheers,

Hello guys,

Yesterday I used my POD HD500 for the 1st time in close to 10 months as my KPA is going to be exchanged by Kemper.

What a difference between the KPA and the HD. These products are in two different leagues. The differences in dynamics and sounds is much bigger than I remembered.

Couldn't feel anything really while I was playing the HD and the whole experience was disappointing. There are some good effects in the HD but apart from that... I found basically that everything I played was really lacking definition.

Can't wait to have my KPA back.

Marc.

Not sure what else to say but to rely on what Timo and Don said earlier in the post.
    Maybe format your stick using the Kemper and it will create its base folders automatically.
    If you really want to do the procedure I described just put the kaos.bin file in the root directory.
    Re-download the update and make sure you can unzip the file and only copy over the kaos.bin to the USB and eject it properly from your PC, Mac or Linux before plugging it to your Kemper.

What a waist of time to read this TGP thread.

Complete and Utter Bullshit.

I don't envy CKemper to have to deal with sort of BS. No matter what he does, explain or write, he will always be wrong in the eyes of some. That, in part, due to the anonymity of a stupid forum alias. Not sure these people would be as blunt face to face.

I know it does happen everywhere in forums, social media and basically everywhere you have possibility to leave a comment, even here on this forum sometimes...

Call me old fashion but at least, not so long ago, you had to take the time to write an actual letter and post it via snail mail. You had to make certain you thoughts were clear to carry your message across. And the fact it would take minimum a week for a reply, if any, there wouldn't be that kind of back and forth.

Now that type of thread like on the TGP just feels like white noise and I really cannot get the point.

I liked one post where the person said that he realized he was caught in an endless and pointless posts fight in the past and when he re-read later how he felt it was irrelevant (it happened to me to).

Anyway, hopefully we will be smart enough to avoid this as much as possible here on the Kemper forum. So far, so good!

Cheers and glad to be here,

Marc.

Salut Maxime,

Bienvenue ici.

Je suis certain que ton Kemper te donnera beaucoup de satisfaction. J'ai le miens depuis un peu moins d''une année et je suis toujours vraiment impressionné à chaque fois que je me branche. La qualité et la dynamique sonore de cet appareil sont assez phénoménales.

Je te suggère fortement de lire le document qu'a patiemment préparé Viabcroce pendant des mois. C'est une mine d'or d'informations à laquelle je me réfère encore souvent.

Marc.

The starting pack of Maurizio is fantastic but I would definitely recommend you explore the factory rigs to start with.

A lot of them have not been tweaked to the taste of their creator and that means that you will have the true sound that was profiled since everything is basically at the noon position.

From there you will have a better idea how your whole setup behaves and you can make quick and basic adjustments to get the sound that you are after.

You will soon find out that some patterns will come out of your exploration and then you can tackle the rigs of others more easily since you will know what to boost or reduce to get what you want from those rigs.

My experience from Line6 to Kemper was literally night and day, a real eye opener as to what things should sound and behave.

Welcome here by the way.

Try putting the chaos.bin directly in the root folder of your USB stick and make sure you don't have a kaos.bin under the OS Update folder.

Shutdown the KPA, plug your USB in and boot it at the Tuner Position and holding together the Page < and >.

It will force the update straight from the USB key instead of going through the KPA current firmware.

You should see right "booting and burning from USB stick"