Posts by jhmcgyver

hi, I am brand new to Kemper profiler and after just connecting it for the first time I have what I feel is too much midrange from most of my profiles.
    I am using the xlr outs into a mackie 1402 mixer that are connected to a pair of qsc k8s. I do have the cab sim like I should when doing for frfr.
    Just adjusting the amps mid control does not seem like enough. I have a axe fx connected to this same mixer and get a pretty even responds in sound. So I don,t think my set up is causing it. I was wonder if any one had a suggestion or have had this same issue?
    thank you in advance.

jamie

Hi, I am a newbie to the Kemper. So please forgive the basic questions. I just did my first profile with an AKG C-414 and a basic preamp that just supplied phantom power for the mic. I am happy with the results. My first question is does a higher end preamp give you better results? Also does using a high end microphone like a AKG C414 matter? Or are most people getting the same results with an SM57?
    I guess I am trying to understand this approach. Should I treat the profiling like I am recording a guitar signal for a song? Using a high-end preamps and mics? Or a more basic approach? Does it matter for profiling?

Thank you for any insight.

Jamie

Hi, I have a few questions regarding the Master output section of the Kemper. I just purchased one. It should be here next Wednesday, so excited about that.
    I borrow one for a short period. So I had a bit of time to try the factory profiles and even downloaded a few purchased one.
    To be honest I felt the sound lacked a bit. I guess I should explain (lacked) I have an Axe Fx 2 also and felt the sound from that a little more real and less fizzy. But keep in mind I didn't have that much time to tweak it.
    In the interest of attemping to improve on what I heard the first time I have spent sometime here and on other forums reading about other people's thoughts and experiences. My set up was Kemper main out XLRs into my Mackie mixer then bussed to my recording interface (Apogee Duet) for recording.
    Then I could also monitor through the Mackie into my Genelec studio speakers w/ cab sims to for basic jamming and working out sounds/ practice etc.
    I also had the mono monitor out w/ cab sims set to off going to my guitar rack line mixer and then into a VHT power amp for output to 2- 2x12 guitar cabs.
    And one again the sound was just kind ok. So after all this, here are my questions. I have read a few post that some people are connecting the master output to their power amp and cabs of course turning of the cab sims and they say it is night and day better. Then just using the monitor out ?????
    Anyone find this to be true? Also last question, can I connect the XLR outs to my mixer and the 1/4 out of the master outs at the sametime? I didn't find any info about this inthe manual. Maybe I missed it? I could connect the master out XLRs to my mixer and then connect the direct out of the mixer to my power amp and defeat the cab sim depending on what way I want to use the Kemper. Any thoughts? or can you guys confirm that this way is a better way.
    Thanks for reading.

Mcgyver