Posts by phild

I have a Mythical Overdrive, which I think is an amazing sounding OD pedal. Now i have never actually tried a real klon, but it doesn't matter - i like the sound of this OD regardless of what it is supposed to or not supposed to sound like. If I could only take one pedal to take to a gig, it would be this one.

The problem is when I have it in front of my Kemper (even when bypassed). Yes it still sounds amazing, until I turn up the gain on whatever profile I am using, then i start to get a very high pitched noise - and the more gain, the louder this noise. My guess is the issue is heterodyning - a problem you get running any klon type pedal in front of a digital oscillator (like a strymon for example), but I haven't heard of anyone else having an issue with their klon/klone in front of a Kemper, so maybe my problem is something different entirely.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar to this? If you do have a klon/klone pedal could you do me a favor and try this out. There is a free profile from TAF called Gilmour (or something like that) that has the gain just cranked with loads of delay that sounds pretty cool when playing solos on something like comfortably numb - but with my mythical overdrive in front of it - bypassed - it becomes unusable.

I am not a high gain player - the gain at about 1 o'clock on the kemper usually works great for me, and then i use the guitar's vol knob for cleaner sounds - so the problem isn't usually as bad as the above scenario - but it is still there - especially at live volumes.

If the issue is heterodying - i might like to try a klone with a different charge pump in it, But as i said, i am not even sure if that is what i am experiencing.

phil

i am looking for a small (3-4 button) foot switch (would like to scroll through favourites and have access to a stomp or 2 - while keeping one of the jacks on the back of the Kemper open for an expression pedal.

Is it possible to use something like the digitech FS300 that has a TRS jack and make use of all 3 of its buttons? Probably not.

Or on the midi side - I noticed on MF website a Marshall 3 button midi switch - would I be able to get something like this to work with the kemper?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com…otswitch-with-leds/h75007

I have seen a couple 4 in a row midi switches, but I would like to keep the size down as much as possible and I think 4 switches with 2 on each row would be ideal for me - but I have not seen anything like that available that wasn't USB/midi.

I was looking at the midi mouse - but I don't think I can re-program the switches to do what I want - I could only go up-down with it.

Also - I just thought of this and am not at home right now to try it - but when you scroll through favourites going one direction, does it wrap-around to the beginning (i.e., #2 >#3>#1) or does it get to the lowest or highest and it reaches the end? This could mean one less switch needed as live I will only be scrolling through a few different rigs.