Posts by Pentatonic

I think this happened to me before and I traced that the RE profiles are not complete downloading all the profiles yet so I waited until it completed. You may try resetting your toaster also.
    OTOH having a KPA is also a journey and I'm happy with those step changes that Kemper is making since the start. I feel that I'm also a part of the company's journey towards a better toaster.

Not to hijack the thread but way back (about just a year and 2 months before) YouTube was my only friend to let me hear those amps I saw in guitar magazines and guitar board discussions. I was wondering how those amps really sounded in my face :) How I wished then that I have the means, but no I'm just your ordinary guy next door whipping my axe on weekends in my room. Then came a company I never heard of that claimed they can copy any guitar amp's sound. Really????!!! But then I imagined how much money could I save if I could have one!!! That I would be able to hear those rare and also those very expensive amps, exactly what I was hoping for! This is it! I took the plunge and never looked back. Now to make the story shorter my collection of those amp profiles have grown since then and still getting a grin with my KPA everytime I play :) Simply amazing!
    KPA is just half the equation and the unselfish sharing of profiles like this taken from Goodsell amp makes it complete. To those profilers and KPA how could I thank you more? Now I already found the elusive amp sound I was looking for in years of buying pedals, but there are also a number of interesting amps that I didn't know were also great. My ears (err my eyes) were opened. I also realized what went wrong with my sound journey.
    Again thank you profilers and keep them coming.

But maybe one day we may have KPA 2 due to combined request from users for added features that the current configuration may not be able to handle anymore in the future like for example the CPU bandwidth is already nearing its maximum. I remember in one of Christoph's posts that KPA has spare bandwidth to absorb those improvements that we users wanted. He is reasonably accommodating in our requests for additional features as well as planning and putting other good stuff along the way. All these may reach the limit one day....

It will sound more amp like than the current one then :) However I'm excited on a floorboard version of KPA complete with footwitches. Perhaps go wireless and seamlessly work with other devices for sound reproduction on stage, for recording or for someone like me who is just a plain weekend bedroom guitar warrior(that is after doing the dishes and mopping the floor for the wife :D Currently I'm more than satisfied with the current one that the next one should be way better to kick my gas again. I haven't used even half of the capabilities of my lunchbox yet.

Hi Andy, I'm getting a little difficulty in logging in and completing my purchase. I sent a message to your contact page for the details of my profiles selection. Kindly email me back :)

I tried headphones before however I really am very satisfied sometimes to a point of amazement when I ply through a powered speaker. Sometimes I have this silly green and saying to myself "WOW I'm playing all the amps in the world that I couldn't afford to buy." Those who used digital effects before would know what I mean.

Ahem... I don't mean to sound like bad mouthing anyone or anything but there are people that think that G.H. always sounds the same no matter what pedal he features in his videos.
    I think it's more the way he plays (awesome player) and the combination of amp settings he uses.

It maybe good or bad depending on listener but I feel the same way too.

I used the sonic maximizer to get my amps to open up and remove muddiness in my sound. It was always in my signal chain since no matter how much I tried to adjust my eq it couldn't get or mimic what BBE can do with just its two knobs. There are people who can dial in a good eq that they don't need the help of BBE but I'm not one of them. However when I got my KPA and used it with BBE I found my sound was shrill . Maybe because I'm using QSC K12 which has plenty of highs.From then on I like my KPA without the BBE.

Since I don't have a midi foot switch yet sometimes I get my clean to overdrive sound from my stomps. I still use my Tonebone Plexitube, Ethos Classis, the old Tim, HT dual, Tube King to name a few just to experiment how profiles differ when used with stomps. However it's just my realization that one way or the other I have similar or very similar sound with loaded profiles. Or maybe its just my ears fooling me again. Next I will try BBE Sonic Maximizer and then Nova System and see what will come out of them. I'm enjoying the experience.
    I run direct about 80% of the time however I find TIM to be very flexible, be it with my SS and tube amps and now with KPA.

Early this year I wrote in this forum about the harness of my QSC K12 and what others were doing to reduce it. I realized other users have similar problem with QSC K12 and I think with that the interest for QSC K12 as KPA monitor have died down. The mostly discussed monitors now are Yamaha DXR10 and the Atomic. However I did not give up on my K12 because it is a good acoustic guitar monitor together with KPA using the Acoustic A-E profiles that I downloaded from the Rig Exchange ( many thanks to the uploader of that profile). I can say it was a better compared against my AER Cube 60 Bingo. Another reason for sticking with K12 is that I bought it at great discount and I don't want to spend anymore for another.

I asked my best friend Google for a workaround and found out that the famous sound engineer Bob Clearmountain used tissue paper to tame the harshness of his Yamaha NS10 monitor during his time. However realizing that this was not a robust solution I googled again and found that the same principle was used by Weber Beam Blocker (Although some would say that they are different principle but for me they are the same). I was thinking then how to use the principle with my K12 and while searching, the lowly mouse pad got me very curious and as a result this is my QSC K12. I'm no longer eyeing at any monitor since.

What I did was attach two mouse pads using mounting tape and adjust the KPA EQ to fine tune. You may ask why not just adjust the EQ to tame the harshness, however I found out that I cannot duplicate the mousepad effect on reducing the harshness with EQ adjustment alone. The have different effects the way I hear it. However if I want to use it as acoustic guitar amp I need to remove the mouse pad and switch KPA to acoustic profile. I was tempted before to adjust the area of the mouse pad to get variation in the harsh reduction but I think I hit it the first time so I don't want to experiment further.

A word of caution though and a disclaimer. This method may have the potential to damage your speaker. I only play music at home so I don't need that much volume compared to live gig. However I have used this for quite sometime and still I haven't found any adverse effect with my K12. To those who wanted to try kindly share your observations, maybe I'm just having a placebo effect, well I don't know :)

My current predicament is how to get my K12 to be used as electric and acoustic amp without too much hassle of removing the pad from the mounting tape and back again. Maybe you have a better idea :)