Posts by AgentPotato

I hope I am just missing the obvious but I can't find my mistake. So here is what i do

I connect the KPA Out to my m-audio FW 410 IN using a Coax cable.
    I make sure that the SPDIF Volume on the Kemper is 0.0 db and that my Soundcard is set to Coaxial Input on the spdif.

Actually I don't know what SPDIF Out Link does, so i always try both ways..

Anyways - i dont get any activity on my Soundcard. It has a light that should show spdif activity but it just doesn't do anything.

I did a systemreset on the Kemper (i am on 1.6 btw) and downloaded the newest drivers for the FW 410.

Any Ideas what I am missing?

To download all rigs you currently see you can easily use DownThemAll if you are using Firefox. It is an addon that gathers all downloads from a page you are currently looking at. It has a filter-option which may be set to *.kipr - and it will download all kipr files as long as you are logged in.

I use it that way and it works just great! The only thing is the 20 rigs per page maximum that costs time ;)

Some ideas from me ;)

I would love the Rigexchange to be easier to browse. Such as Mainfolders sorted per lead, ampmodel, suited for Pickup. And it would be great to show more than 20 rigs a page - I personally use downthemall to download them and it would make things easier and faster if you could show more rigs.

Also i think that the rating system would be improved if there was a possibility to give written reviews - like big musicstores do, or amazon. And a note from the uploader would be nice too - for those who intend to create a certain sound they could write.

Edit: And ofcourse number of downloads!

Today i eat my own words... I love the kemper. I actually don't know what was wrong with me or the setting I used but now it just rocks.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words - the main issue I had was lack of volume. I just turned it a tad bit louder and boom - there you go - pure fun.

Yes there are still some rigs i do not like but it's only a few and a matter of personal taste. They all do great. The only thing I stumbled upon is, if you play with very little attack (eg little picking action) the kemper starts sounding like an akward flute - but if you man it up - You man it up!

Definitely a keeper!

A question I have - my Gain knob and the one right next to it doesn't quite rotate properly. They tend to touch the surface of the kemper and its rather unpleasant - do you experience the same or do you think I should go for a exchange?

Thank you - Greetings from Vienna

Hello,

i just purchased the rack version of the kemper without amplifier. I basically ordered it blindly since you guys are so into it and i wanted to see what the fuzz was all about. Due to the 30 day money back i found it is the best to order it and try it out in your home environment without the stress of being in a music store. I bought it basically because i can't run a real amp in my flat and for recording purposes.
    I play for about 20 years and I listen to the kemper via Event TR8 or Beyerdynamic headphones.

I played it for 2 days now - tried all rigs that came with it and downloaded around 100 of the best rated ricks in the rick Exchange section.

And, maybe I am missing something but i am not quite convinced to keep it. It does sound good but I wasn't quite able to find a rig i fell in love with. I just miss the wow-effect. Maybe I am missing something really obvious or haven't yet loaded the right rig?

What I like so far is how easy it is to tweak all sounds and how intuitive it is to do so. But still, it is a lot of money and I don't know if it's worth every penny for me.

What I am looking for is a real nice clean tone and a distorted one that suits the sound of Guthrie Govans Erotic Cake record. I am into the sound he has on tracks as 'Wonderful slippery thing' or 'Waves'. I know it is in his fingers - but thats not what i mean.

for instance i downloaded the Andertons Cornford and it sounds kind of odd to me.

I hope you guys can support me and point out rigs that i might like to convince me keeping this surely wonderful piece of gear.
    Right now I am just about trying out even more and see without any prejudice if the kemper is able to do what I am searching for.

I do hope you guys are willing and able to help me :D

Thanks so much in advance.