Posts by Djuhntt

Sorry, but with iPad/earbuds, they sound the same. For the middle and neck pups, you could try adding the high pass capacitor that acts when you dial down the volume a bit.

I have an old '72 3 pup Artisan model LP. The wiring was redone somehow to allow blending of pups. An 11 pound wonder that feels fretless!

I love your Barcelona profiles. I have to aggresively lower the bass on those too. But nonetheless, these are my go-to-fave profiles-to-rule-all-profiles! I think the heavy bass dialed down must the trick for my system. These profiles seem the quietest (s/n) and most versatile of all too! By versatile, i mean i can move around the gain and eqs up or down a lot, and they still sound great.

I don't use any clean profiles that are at gain zero. Dialing up the gain on these gets immidiately fizzy for me. And they all sound the same to me - like a default base profile algorithm? But the Regal profiles that are at gain 3 are still clean and awesome!

Thanks ur2funky,
    Loved em. I hit the favorite button on several. But, fyi, for my set-up, I had to dial down the bass to -5 on all your profiles. Still perfectly awesome sounding like that in my set-up. I'm wondering if a good mic like that is catching low end from the floor. Like if the amp was on a stand instead, it wouldn't sound the same?

And a general question about clean profiles that are at a gain of Zero. Do you use those at gain zero, or do you crank them up a bit?

In an old post, Don Peterson wrote:

"Clean sounds tend to have most of their energy in the attack, which lasts only a millisecond or so. The profiler has a few neat options to dial down the attack:
    - Put a Soft Shaper post Stack and use it as a saturator (very low drive setting)"

I found this also works on dirty sounds too. It doesn't make an audible difference, but it adds a noticeable and lovely feel to any rig IMO. I set drive at 0.5. It's like changing string gages down two sizes!

Another fun way to audition cabs is to lock everything except the cab, the just scroll through the rigs with the 4 rig buttons. This way, the cabs auditioned can be all from rigs in the same gain range as the amp locked.

That's how i noticed the awesome hi gain cab under a weird rig called Smashing Fuzz by Ruppert i think

I love the exchange too, but for eaier tasting, i wish/wonder if profile metadata could include some objective, computed criteria to suggest which you may like. This would be helpful during the profiling too; to advise you how well it worked, ie if the amp settings were good. I'm no techie but maybe provide a value of "signal to noise", or "recommended gain range" or "recommended tone knob range" or "transient reponse" or "low frequency range". I dunno... "paf mojo factor" or "twang mojo factor"

Hey! I've always wanted to reset my faves to zero. Is there any downside to changing owner name? I don't have any homemade rigs that i care about much.

Ok, so I'm a slut. I plug my Kemper into everything I see wherever i go.
    Using the AUX IN, this little Roland bass cube 30 was really well detailed and inspiring to play.
    My quick test for fun sound is when I can back off my guitar's TONE knob, and it still barks. This unit does.
    Only a tweak to the kemper's main output EQ was required (+3,+1,+3,+2).
    This unit happened to have its port hole sealed off in case that makes a difference.
    FYI, Its woofer has a foam rubber surround. Its tweeter is a small paper speaker, not a horn driver.
    The woofer and tweeter are "co-aligned" inside the woofer.
    In this practice room, I ended up prefering and using the bass cube instead of the Wharfdale 12" powered speakers available. It squashes a bit at high volumes, but this group wasn't loud.

I wish i could know if i've already tried profile xyz from the rig exchange and have already erased it as not suitable for me. Without this proposed feature, I may download and import it again, and spend my time auditioning it again for nothing.

And also if i've renamed the profile and it is still on the unit.

If all profiles ever created had unique hidden serial number, and a log was kept, and the unit had an option to "IMPORT ONLY PROFILES NEVER SEEN BEFORE" that would be cool!

I like Plus DS a lot too.

I find that when I use it on high gain profiles, it sounds EXACTLY like just turning up the gain on the profile. Which is cool.

So much so that I was wondering if the existing OD stomps are the "computation bass" from which all profiles are formed; like a profile is formed from filters applied on various combinations of the OD stomps. I know... Too much time spent noodling, thinking about random stuff...