Posts by troykennedy

Here's mine. I have used it a couple different ways.

Audio into Boost-OD-HD500-Ampswitcher- then to either Kemper or two other amps

Audio into Kemper with HD500 as just a midi controller

This is what I am currently using. spdif from the HD500 to Kemper works very well.
    Audio into Boost-OD-HD500 (effects) then spdif into the Kemper - midi control the kemper from the HD500

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to get the picture to post here from flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52395896@N05/8978515390/

Both/And bro!

Everyone has times when they prefer one or the other. Different tools for different purposes. I think we all need to have the Kemper AND at least one good tube amp handy. There are times when I really need to use one or the other for different situations.

Maybe I'm not understanding.

I am trying to use the internal expression pedal; i.e. the one with the toe switch that is built into the HD500.

I want the volume to work normally. Then when I hit the toe switch it turns the volume pedal off and turns on the wah.

RIght now, I can get the toe switch to turn on the wah. But the volume pedal stays on going up and down. I can bypass the volume pedal function for just the wah and that works great.

In other words. I have to pick wah or volume for expression 1. (I have exp 2 tied up doing something else)

What am I missing?

Another quick question;

Is there a a way to use the HD500's expression the way it works in the HD500. IN other words, volume till you hot the toe switch then wah without volume. Cn this be done without using a stomp block?

Troy, make sure you send CC #68 in order to REALLY control delay mix.
    When you send CC #27, which is also (erroneously!) called 'Delay mix' you toggle delay on and off while keeping the trails.
    Kemper should rename the CC#27 to 'delay switch keep trails' ASAP.

Yes! Victory! Thanks, Ingolf.

I have tried to follow these instructions on my mac, but just can't get it to install.

I have downloaded the file.
    Uncompressed it in the downloads folder
    opened up the terminal
    entered the commands

I just get these responses:

Admins-MacBook-Pro-4:~ tk$ cd kpa_tag_inspector
    -bash: cd: kpa_tag_inspector: No such file or directory
    Admins-MacBook-Pro-4:~ tk$ python kpa_tag_inspector.py
    python: can't open file 'kpa_tag_inspector.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    Admins-MacBook-Pro-4:~ tk$ python kpa_tag_inspector.
    python: can't open file 'kpa_tag_inspector.': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I know it must be something obvious. What am I missing?
    Thanks!

Very cool, Michael. I have done a similar thing the last couple of weeks with my American/British Dreams and the Kemper. I profiled it with the same mic setup we use for live. WIth some minor tweaking, you are hard put to distinguish one from the other.

I use an HD500 for a controller and for all my effects right now because I am so familiar with the Line6 delays. The HD500 just changes amps in the Kemper for me while changing effects and guitars on the Tyler variax. Since I am singing all the time, it's nice to just push one button and get all the effects and amp changes.

I eventually want to dig deeper into the Kemper's internal effects. But for now, this system is working great for me.

I am new to the Kemper. But I am using the HD500 as a midi controller, fx and controller for the Tyler Variax. SO far it works great. And I don't notice any signal degradation. Sounds great!