Posts by RichStudio

I don't have videos but I will say the Powercab 112 Plus is very good.
    The fact that you can load IRs into it is really cool.
    I haven't used the Powercab with my Kemper yet but I did try it with my Headrush to check out how loaded IRs work.
    I had a preset where the IR was disabled.
    XLR out balanced into the Powercab, loaded an Own Hammer Mesa 4 x 12 IR into the Powercab via the computer editor.
    Really great sound, better than the stock cabinets.
    Then loaded the same IR into the Headrush, and used the Powercab as FRFR. Sound was exactly the same.
    XLR line out for PA.
    There is a second input that can be set to "monitor" so you can run a monitor feed from the PA so you can use as a monitor while hearing the cab sound from the emulator.
    I would recommend the plus version as the regular Powercab does not have USB for IR loading and computer control or the screen controller on top.

I have an ISP Stealth Power amp. Little thing rocks. Very portable and sounds very good with the Kemper.
    Can run Stereo 80 watts @ 4 ohms and 180 watts bridged mono @ 8 ohms.
    Around $350. I have used this with a 2 x 12 Marshall cabinet and a 4 x 12 Marshall. Both sound awesome.
    Run the monitor out (no speaker emulation) into amp, line outs to FOH.
    Pretty cool.

So I successfully profiled my Carvin's clean channel. Sounds really close to the amp.
    I tried to profile channel 2 which is the rhythm channel with gain.
    Had issues. The first profile was very flat
    I am getting feed back in the amp when I have everything connected(guitar is off).
    Using an Art Direct box.
    I am now thinking the direct out from the Kemper is too hot.
    Is there something else I should check?Thanks,
    Rich

The best clean sounds I have heard from a molder / profiler is Kemper. I own an AXE FX II XL (which I like a lot) and had to spend more time dialing in a clean sound that was very close to the Kemper (69 Deluxe). The Kemper profile was awesome without tweaking. Just depends on the profile and preset.