Posts by jjborsa

Answers embedded in quote above.

I have the non-powered KPA rack and have gigged it for 6 years now. Racked in a 6u case with a Furman, a Matrix power amp and a Shure qlxd4 wireless. Sits on top of my speaker cabinet. I have a custom interface on the back for super quick hook ups. It has been rock solid and never skipped a beat.

I also have the stage and I use it for smaller gigs - plugs into a Valvetrain Powertrain 50 tube amp on stage. Has worked great.

I morph in some gain and mids +/- delay etc to taste.I don’t really add volume.

When solo boosting worry less about manipulating your volume (which can throw off gain structure at the board if you boost it too much) and more about adding mids. You can do this with a stomp box ( tubescreamers add mids) or with an EQ block and a drive much like the Tone Junkie tips and tricks videos do to emulate stomps that arn't in the Kemper. Or you can have a lead performance where the amp mid knob is boosted. There are tons of ways but you want MIDS not necessecarily volume. Volume is perceived when you hear the guitar start to cut wit the added mids. Small volume boosts (1-3db) can be ok but it still won't do much for you unless you are manipulating those mids.

Britts profiles translate very well to live stage volumes without tweaking any eq. Could find one of his you like and use it live.

I personally have been done with FRFR for live monitoring now for a couple of years for the most part (although I use IEM’s - does that count?). Migrated from Atomic CLR’s on stage, which are VERY good, but just didn’t seem/feel right to me. In addition, we are by no means a silent stage when we play live, and I was concerned for those members of the crowd that are mobbing the front of the stage, immersed in stage wash more so than FOH regarding what they hear, have as authentic experience as possible, which to me is a guitar cab.

I have been using a traditional guitar cab onstage now for a couple of years - coupled with my unpowered KPA rack and a matrix power amp. Mon out from KPA to matrix in has cab sims off. Sounds and feels right to me.

For smaller gigs, I am LOVING the profiler stage and the ValveTrain PowerTrain 50 combination on stage. Super easy load in/out. For this rig I am keeping my cab sims on per Britt and HW recs. I have tried this both ways and like the cab sims on better with this PowerTrain. I have the regular 50, not the Britt model.

In both setups I of course keep cab sims on the main out to FOH.

I plan to get the Kabinet as soon as it is released just to try it out.

I still own the CLR’s and use them for evaluating new profiles before using them live.

Expand above quote for embedded answers....

I used to use FRFR (Atomic CLR) but i now have a matrix power amp for my non powered rack into an avatar cab on stage. I also use a shure psm 900 IEM.

Why did I switch from FRFR to a cab - it “feels better”. And I think it may “sound” better for those venues where the crowd catches a significant amount of stage wash - my opinion and certainly open for debate.

Both guitars are Kemper.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Update - recent small outdoor show (with our new Bon Scott). TnT

Cell phone vid.

Fake Marshall stacks. Both guitars are Kemper. MBritt. Bass player just bought a Kemper and will be using it soon too. Will be all Kemper band :)

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [media]