Posts by SpiritSeeker

For studio use, I am wondering which scenario is better;

1. KPA -----Digital Out-----> Audio Interface -----------> FRFR Speaker(s)

2. KPA -----Digital Out-----> Audio Interface------------>DAW
    |
    |--------->FRFR

In scenario 1, the powered FRFR Speakers are connected to Audio Interface.
    In scenario 2, the powered FRFR speakers are connected to the KPA.

Not sure it matter other than the Audio Interface converters may be superior to the KPA converters.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments?

Happy Kemper is correct.

In my studio, I use a Lynx interface with an A Designs Preamp and Schoeps CTC6.4 mics for tracking acoustic. I want the KPA to provide profiles for my electric so I don't have to own multiple amps and mic them. The Lynx Hilo converters are incredible, I feed the KPA digital signal to the Hilo whic then does the conversion to analog into my DAW.

Kemper would have to incorporate very high end converters to match what I am currently getting. This way, I use the Preamps that I choose and not depend on a converter that may not be of the quality I need.

I am looking for opinions...

I purchased a Kemper Rack, I am very pleased with it and know it was the right decision. I am in the process of selling my amps and thinking about purchasing Line 6 Stage Source active speakers. My question is this, do I purchase two of the smaller L2t speakers and run stereo for in studio and small coffee house gigs, or buy one larger L3t? I am looking for the (t) version for my acoustic without the Kemper. Then I can play my Anderson DT Classic using the Kemper.

I don't really have anywhere locally to test the two versions, but read good reviews.
    Thoughts?

Thanks
    Jake

Hi all,

Just wanted to jump in and say that I received my KPA Rack late last week. Got it hooked up via digital spdif cables to a Lynx Hilo and did some playing/recording this weekend. The Lynx Hilo converters are amazing to begin with, but the KPA through this interface is truly magical.

I also profiled a Santa Cruz OM with an Amulet M pickup through a Schertler David Deluxe acoustic amp using Schoeps CMC6.4 mics. Not sure I would record acoustic this way, but the results were pretty amazing none the less.

The more I use the KPA, the more enamored I am.
    :D

In this day and age, I believe that every device needs to gave a computer control interface (USB/Thunderbolt). When tracking being able to control the KPA from the console computer would be sick. I know that Avid does it with the ELEVEN RACK through Protools, but I envision an interface that will work as either a DAW plugin or a stand along interface similar to what Apogee does with Maestro II.

Got my new KPA Rack today, the unit is the best.