Posts by thyrdeye

Hey Thanks!

Ths SPIDIF cables I ordered are 25 ft. is that too long?

Also how do I record the SPIDIF signal into my DAW. I've never worked with a SPDIF signal. What do I select on my DAW (Samplitude) to record SPIDIF onto a track. Only see audio and midi. (I know its a lame question but I'm more about writing and playing)....others do the mixing, but I need to know how to get the best results from recording on my end....Ya know!

I understand about the dry signal. Doesn't the Kemper need to put out a stereo signal if you using effects like chorus or certain delays that make use of stereo tracks?

I connected it to the back of the FF800 as you suggested. This time it worked perfectly. Do I need to be using balanced cables? Do I really need to use XLR cables?

I understand about the SPDIF now. So I need a basic RCA SPDIF cable?

I record in 44:1 24 bit (I use 32 bit float too) but that works for me.

Is the signal stereo for effects or do the regular amp sounds output a stereo image that is different for each speaker?

Thanks a lot for all your help. Onward to the TONE!

Why is S/PDIF better? At this point I am not profiling amps, I just want to use what is there and perhaps add some more profiles. Why do I need to sync the Kemper to my Fireface. It sounds complicated. Don't mind 44:1 or 24 bit wave files.

I thought the output was supposed to be analog. If I am not re-amping or profiling what is benefit of using the S/PDIF connection?

I don't have XLR cables right now so I tried putting the main outputs from the unit into the 1/4 inch inputs on the back of the FF800.

No sound. Then I put them through the front of the FF using the preamps line in on inputs 1 and 2. I recorded in stereo and only got one half of the stereo channel. Only comes out of one speaker.

Doesn't the Kemper need the preamps to give power to amplify the signal for recording?

In the manual for recording it only mentions plugging into the inputs on your mixer.....but nothing about going in directly from the audio interface in which case I am using the FireFace 800, which is what I would like to do....why add more devices between the amp and the recording interface?

Any help will be greatly appreciated so I can start laying down some beautiful guitar sounds.

I got this device for my home recording studio. I am surprised there is not more info about using the Kemper for recording.

Seems like more info and settings for playing live than recording. I read that this unit really shines as an addition to a studio that doesn't have a lot of vintage amps and for recording power chords and blistering leads in a quiet setting.

I need more help specifically for recording.

Thanks.

Hi, just got my new Kemper. Am very excited. I am an expert on tone and playing guitar, but not so technically oriented.

I do have a Mackie mixer but I don't use it and would rather not. I've just started going direct since the fireface has pre amps with a line in input for each one.

For my amp sims like Vandal I go directly into the preamps (line in) on the front of my RME Fireface 800 for recording.(mono)

When I've used the pod or tonelab I go into an input in the back of my FF(stereo)

. How should I connect the Kemper amp for recording into my DAW? It says in the manual to go to the ins in the back of your mixer.

Since it says I should use the main outputs should I record each one to a separate track or record a stereo track.

So do I record from the line in on the preamps in the front or the regular inputs on the back?

Thanks for answering what is a very "newbee" question.

Usually I dive right in and start tweaking away before even reading the manual. But with this Kemper technology I want to get it right even before I go searching for that perfect Vox AC-30 sound!

Thanks for your input. It really helps.

I didn't specifically mean to be writing about the VU level meters actually but the names and notches/levels on the knob controls.

As one poster stated "after a while you will know what every knob does"

....but what about fine tuning and tweaking the knob adjustments.

Kemper tech support says they are = lly readable. Choose for yourself from a pic or video. Fair enough.

But those of you out there who spend hours adjusting levels/tweaking while recording know what I mean!

I also like to record in a mellow light...not bright sunlight or a brightly lit room.

Most of the new polls users prefer the black version.

I know how cool black gear looks.

I have a "vintage" black strat plus. But practicality may be a deciding factor. Besides....the white does look retro futuristic ala Jetsons.

The White/Silver one looks exactly like an ultra high tech 3D Doppler imaging device that I was scanned by for a medical procedure.

There are less than 10 of these in the world.

A lot more Kemper amps.

Like most every guitarist in the world it seems I too am planning a Kemper
    Amp purchase before I do my next recording. question?

As an older rocker my ears are still good but my eyes aren't so sharp.

I know I could look at photos or videos...but first hand experience from those who own one would really help me out:

Is it easier to see the knobs/controls/settings/levels on the White toaster version than the black.

Most prefer the black cause it looks cooler, more rock and roll maybe or more hi end.....

but clearly seeing the level settings is an important issue for myself
    and I'm sure many others. I always hated black VCR's or DVD recorders
    with everything written in black on black (the in's and out's) can never
    see what is what.

So what do you Kemper amp users have to say about this.

Much appreciated.