Posts by vltjd

New owner, only had it since the weekend. Tried all of the amps initially but I find that I mostly stick with one or two amps already. I guess that's normal? I have to admit that this unit sounds just like the tube amps I own and have owned, maybe better in some cases. How many amps are most of you using?

Was wondering if anyone has tried, or if it is possible, to profile an amp using a speaker simulator instead of a microphone? Something like the H&K redbox, the Palmer DI or the AMT CN-1.

I guess I could look for a used Kemper. That way if it didn't work out, I wouldn't loose much like I would a new Kemper. Looks like the used ones sell for $300/$350 less than new.

After spending two years rejecting a well known modeller now on FW 10, I was about to purchase one last weekend. Most of my listening was on a decent, but not great, computer speaker system. Then I decided to listen on studio quality speakers. Decided to compare with the Kemper, which I had been ignoring. Just listen to the stuff by FastRedPonyCar. Or this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That amp is available for free. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Why buy used when you can buy from someone like American Musical Supply and take a 45 day test drive? I ordered mine, it's home and I'm not. Can't wait to get home.

I have excellent computer speakers with sub. I watched the youtube video and almost wet my pants. Incredible tone! Thanks for sharing. So you have one that was delivered today? I'm jealous. And you have 45 days to return it? Is there a restocking fee involved if you do? I'm not sure about the policy here on price discussions, but did you get any discounts? I'd love it if you keep me informed on how things are going with your new Kemper.

No discount anywhere that I am aware of at present, some "B stock" out there. Don't think AMS has a restocking fee. They do have free shipping and the choice of making monthly payments. If you return an item, many companies now charge you for the original shipping; not sure if they do. But, you'd lose less than buying used and re-selling if you change your mind.

Yeah, I'm seven hours driving time away from my new toy.

I guess I could look for a used Kemper. That way if it didn't work out, I wouldn't loose much like I would a new Kemper. Looks like the used ones sell for $300/$350 less than new.

After spending two years rejecting a well known modeller now on FW 10, I was about to purchase one last weekend. Most of my listening was on a decent, but not great, computer speaker system. Then I decided to listen on studio quality speakers. Decided to compare with the Kemper, which I had been ignoring. Just listen to the stuff by FastRedPonyCar. Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qs4arEelwM

That amp is available for free. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Why buy used when you can buy from someone like American Musical Supply and take a 45 day test drive? I ordered mine, it's home and I'm not. Can't wait to get home.